Active Members?

Offhand, I'm not sure, Bruce. I'll dig around a little and see if I can see how vBulletin makes that determination. I'm sure it's based on having posting or logged in within a set period of time; I just don't know what that time period is.

Bruce,

"Active Users" is the number of members/guests that are logged onto the site at the current time. The software keeps track and lists the most "logged on" including the date and time. This is inside the list of those "online".

Bruce,

"Active Users" is the number of members/guests that are logged onto the site at the current time. The software keeps track and lists the most "logged on" including the date and time. This is inside the list of those "online".

Greg, that would be "Currently Active Users".
"Active Users" appears to be a different stat.

Again, I'm just curious...not a big deal.;)

Bruce....? What kind of chicken is that in your avatar? Pretty bird, is it yours?

We had chickens once, wife didn't like them, they pecked at her toes.:rofl:

We had chickens once, wife didn't like them, they pecked at her toes.:rofl:

That's funny. We have "Several" turtles the LOML has found and put in our back yard, and One male Turtle, (we call Speedy) has a thing for her Red Toenails. If she goes out on the patio with her toes showing, he will immediately quit eating or whatever else he is doing and literally RACE toward her toes. He doesn't do it if she has shoes on that hide the toes. We get a big laugh every time he does this, (which is EVERYTIME he sees the painted toes). None of the other turtles pay any attention to her toes at all. I guess he is just really fascinated with Red.

Bruce, I've searched the vBulletin help file and the Admin Console, and don't see yet where that number is generated. If I get a chance I'll go over to the vBulletin forums and see if I can find out.

Vaughn,

Move your cursor over the "600" current # of active members. I get a message saying "within the last 30 days", so I would believe it means the number of members that have posted within the last 30 days? :huh:

I tried searching for forum, with no luck, but....:dunno:

No firm answer yet, but best I can tell, anyone who hasn't posted in 6 months or more is considered by the software to be an inactive user. I emphasize software because we (the humans trying to run the software ;) ) decided in the early days of setting this place up that Members would be Members -- period -- with no different status for those who choose not to post. We also show folks as New Members for about a month or so (if I remember to update the listing), but that's primarily so some of the regulars around here will notice and help the feel at home.

That's funny. We have "Several" turtles the LOML has found and put in our back yard, and One male Turtle, (we call Speedy) has a thing for her Red Toenails. If she goes out on the patio with her toes showing, he will immediately quit eating or whatever else he is doing and literally RACE toward her toes. He doesn't do it if she has shoes on that hide the toes. We get a big laugh every time he does this, (which is EVERYTIME he sees the painted toes). None of the other turtles pay any attention to her toes at all. I guess he is just really fascinated with Red.

Must be the pesky "Red" Snapper variety, usually only found in fish. Jim

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I hadn't seen your post last night when I posted my latest, Greg. I hadn't seen that "30 days" note before. I was basing my "6 months" on the default description of the "Inactive Members" usergroup in the Admin CP. So now we have two possible metrics, and still I don't see any way to adjust either of them. :p

Yeah, mine is a guess.... Probable I think, but still a guess. I too found nothing that really nails the "Active" down. Does 600 members posting in the last 30 days sound right? I looked briefly at the activity stat, but got confused and went out and tied up my cucumber plants....:eek:

:D