Here with all the other bad apples!

Bill Grumbine

Those of you who have been following recent events will know what I mean! I've been banned at another place, which means I will have more time to post here again!

Bill, although we have never met, I know you well enough to know you are an upstanding and honest man, who I have the utmost respect for. I have seen you unselfishly share your expertise and knowledge with not only myself, but many, many others over the years. I received an email regarding the events of the day at "that other place". After checking it out, and reading the original posting that was removed, I sit here and scratch my head. The only explaination is that they have a moderator with a problem, which due to the fact he is a moderator, means the forum has a problem. If this issue weren't so sad, it would almost be laughable. You don't have to look far, or very deep at "that other place" to see there are MANY that do the exact same thing, and not a word is muttered. Bill, I am really sorry you had to endure this ignorance. I wish you well my friend..........there are a LOT of folks supporting your side in this, because they have the sense to know right from wrong...........it's as simple as that.

Bill, Welcome.....

I only know you electonically. My brother is Stoney Lamar and through him I have a gained a sincere admiration for turners.

I think this is a great forum and will grow with sensible people in charge.

Bill welcome. I for one am glad to see you here. I got chastised in a SMC PM a few minutes ago for saying that one or two of the mods were out of line. Anyway Bill good to see you my friend.

Well pull up a stump, if you haven't already turned them all ....and enjoy the forum.

Don't know what happened at a other place but you are certainly always welcomed here Bill.

:wave:

Well, I saw this thread and it peeked my interest. (I'm not a turner, and I have no desire to start. I do enjoy seeing the beautiful workmanship that those bitten with this disease :rofl: produce.) So I went to read the thread. I was grilling supper while reading so it took a while, but I formulated what I wanted to say while doing this. Finally, the last post touched on what I was thinking. So I went to start my post....... the thread had been locked for 30 minutes, but not removed.:( I don't have a problem that the post was taken down, even though from what I understand, I don't think I agree with it. (didn't get to read the original) I do have a problem that Bill and others weren't notified with at least a marker saying it was pulled for such and such reason, like we do here and say the post is under review. That would have kept the post from being reinstated, and being pulled again. It would also have kept a lot of hurt feelings from coming out in the open further causing a rift, and possibly a backlash, on the forum.
I still like SMC, and will keep reading and posting there, but I have to wonder about that place a little sometimes. I'm so proud of the work we put in our Family here to help keep problems like this from festering and blowing up. I'm also very thankful for the insight of the original group that started this forum, and their foresight in moulding how this place should be run. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Jim.

Bill,

Welcome to the Family! :wave:

I don't follow SMC regular enough to know what the controversy is all about. :dunno:

I can say that I have heard that things can get rough over there. I hope you find FWW a refreshing change. The Members along with the Mods have managed to keep the conversations very civil here....even when discussing such heated topics as how the Mac OS is better than Windows ;)(Just kidding guys!:rofl:) We really do all try to show respect for eachother in our posts.

Well enough of my rambling..... Welcome and I look forward to seeing pictures of your work.

:wave::wave:

Hey Bill, even though I don't get time to turn much anymore. I always enjoy your work and input.

Now if we can just get you tossed out of all the other forums we can have you to ourselves :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Glad to see you here Bill. I will be here as well, and hope to see your posts in the future. Thanks for all your work, in everything. Bill

Welcome to the clubhouse, Bill. :wave:

Ya know, at this rate, the turners here might will outnumber the flatwork guys before long. Our plan for world domination is starting fall into place nicely. Bwahahahahaha! :laugh2:

Hi Bill,

I for one (although I have yet to be drawn to the dark-side) will very much enjoy your contributions. Glad to see you.

Bill,

Good to see your name on my screen. As I said in another post:

"All I can say is: "Thank goodness for the peace and harmony of this forum!""

We do have peace and harmony here. And a few turners! ;)

Which makes me wonder: I'm leaving DC in the morning for a little road trip. First stop, connecticut (fairfield). Then on to southern vermont. I'll have to check the map, but I guess both of those are a long way from cape cod, darn it! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Bill,
I also saw the post at the other web site & I agree with you totally you got a raw deal. I stumbled in here by a post from I think it was Stu. & so I joined recently. I love it here & also at my first home Woodturner's Resource This is the way a wood working web site should be like.
It's definitely their loss & our gain.

Chuck

Bill,
I also saw the post at the other web site & I agree with you totally you got a raw deal. I stumbled in here by a post from I think it was Stu. & so I joined recently. I love it here & also at my first home Woodturner's Resource This is the way a wood working web site should be like.
It's definitely their loss & our gain.

Chuck

I agree. I don't know you that well, and in fact I am not even a turner, but welcome anyway. I just hope you did not come over here "because you had to." We are a great group of guys here and I hope you make more and more posts on here because you enjoy it, rather than feeling like you have no other place else to go.

As for the lathe, I got one, and to tell you the truth, someday I would like to learn how to use it. Right now it sits unused for 364 days a year just because I can't seem to make something round without catching a skew chisel or whatnot.

Good morning everyone

The support I have gotten on both places has been overwhelming. I appreciate the warm welcome here and I am looking to participating much more frequently than I did in the past. This isn't an issue of well, since I can't play there I'll play here - my membership was reinstated - but rather I want to be somewhere that I am not going to have to look over my shoulder all the time.

I've been moderated in the past, and fairly harshly a couple of times. In every case I can say it was deserved, and I had a good idea it was coming. I took my correction and learned from it. This one was different. I do not want to dwell on it anymore, but would rather look forward to all the fun I am going to be having here talking about turning and other things.

Bill