Matt Meiser

I was the one that alerted Matt to this site and he also seems to be having some initial problems accessing it. I got a PM back from him on SMC that he's getting some message about his email address being blocked. Is it just that he's on the dreaded Moderators list and isn't 100% set up here account-wise?

I was the one that alerted Matt to this site and he also seems to be having some initial problems accessing it. I got a PM back from him on SMC that he's getting some message about his email address being blocked. Is it just that he's on the dreaded Moderators list and isn't 100% set up here account-wise?

stu, vaughn?................help

If he has a yahoo address, I think those are blocked.

Admin will have to work it over for Matt to get access

So how you been Matt? Building anything?

Well, yes, but not out of wood. I sold off some of my woodworking equipment a month or two ago and bought a welder. I kept a more basic set of woodworking tools, rearranged my shop, and set myself up to do more types of stuff.

So, I've built a welding table, a set of forks for my tractor, and right now I'm working on rebuilding the hitch part of my back blade to fit my John Deere i-Match quick hitch. There's pictures of all three projects on the TractorByNet forum if anyone is interested.

Hopefully this winter and spring I'll get motivated to get back to some woodworking projects. We've got a master bath remodel planned, but other stuff has taken priority for over 2 years now.

I'd be interested Matt! I've totaled up all the things that require welding and have decided I can't afford for someone else to do it. Gonna hafta learn m'self.;)

I'd be interested Matt! I've totaled up all the things that require welding and have decided I can't afford for someone else to do it. Gonna hafta learn m'self.;)

john, i taught myself to weld laying in insulation in the shop attic welding together my dust collection pipe in august a few years ago......handy skill and with the advent of small wirefeeds something most folks can swing financially......but man did my abrasives cost go through the roof! i still can`t weld pretty but i can grind it down:eek: ......tod

Learnin is easy John, when I restored the old SS I bought a wire feed gas welder but was terrified to use it. A friend gave me a few quick pointers and voila...it was fun and easy. I grew up on a stick buzz box and find it easier to use the wire feed. In fact I haven't used it much since we got out of the old car restoration hobby....you wanna borrow it?