Thread: Went to Mecca

Went to Mecca

Hi everyone

Our travels found us in Atlanta on Friday and I looked up Highland Hardware's website.
    http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp

Saw that they had a beginning turning class on Sat and called. The class was full but they couldn't have been more accomodating. A gentleman named Mike called the instructor and they found another lathe and sqeezed me into the class.

I liked it! Did one bowl. Don't have a way to get a pic into my traveling computer right now but will send one when I get a chance.

The store is a wonderful place, and the area is a nice funky blend of shops and restaurants.

I told them about FWW so maybe somebody new will be dropping in!

Jay

Hey Stu and Vaughn.............We got another one!

Welcome to the Vortex Jay!

Mecca? What?

Hang on a second... *I* went to Mecca last week, but it wasn't located in Atlanta, it was in Ottawa...

Attachment 11496

Just as a note, Highland Hardware has changed their name to Highland Woodworking. They actually changed the name on the front of the building. They have been a fixture at that store for as long as I can remember, and I am NOT young.

I just looked at D4R jigs on their website. Their website is really looking good. Seems to be a updated somewhat.

Jay, hope you enjoyed their class. I always laugh when I go down to the store. My brother's (Stoney Lamar) picture is up on the wall.

They are really great people. I don't think anyone has any idea how large their internet business is. The store has the old funky hardware store fell that I always love.

And Art, a trip to LV would be on top of my list any day.

uh-oh here goes the calm,polite agreeable jay we`ve all come to know and love.........another spin-crack addict
    glad you had fun jay!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Hey Stu and Vaughn.............We got another one!

Welcome to the Vortex Jay!
    Whoo Hoo!!

Jay, you are going to love it!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Jay,

WATCH OUT FOR THE "VORTEX". It seems to affect people in strange ways and recovery appears almost impossible. Seek professional help as soon a possible.

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartee Lamar View Post
    Just as a note, Highland Hardware has changed their name to Highland Woodworking.
    UH OH, I'll bet they are about to raise prices Anything that's a dime at a hardware store is sure to be a dollar at a woodworking store.
    Don't believe everything you think!

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Bookout View Post
    Jay,

WATCH OUT FOR THE "VORTEX". It seems to affect people in strange ways and recovery appears almost impossible. Seek professional help as soon a possible.
    Allen, it's already too late!!! He's a goner!!!

Nancy (130 days)
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.