Winged Bowl

Well decided today since the neighbor was trimming trees to see if I could get a piece. It was Crab Apple. Anyway found a nice crotch piece so decided I would try my hand at a winged bowl. This is my first. I got to say they are not my favorite but just wanted to see if I could do it. The bowl is 4 1/2" across and 1 7/8" deep. The whole thing is 11" long and 9" across. I have one coat of Antique Oil on it and did it soak it in. For awhile I couldn't keep enough on it to wipe off. Then went out and two white worms were working there way out. The wood wasn't the best either so I am not going to tell you the first one would have been a little thinner but I now have a beautiful and I mean beautiful Winged Funnel. Of no picture it didn't happen right. Let me know what you think. Is there anything I could have did different.

Attachments

• Winged Bowl 1.jpg
    Winged Bowl 1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Winged Bowl 2.jpg
    Winged Bowl 2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Winged Bowl 4.jpg
    Winged Bowl 4.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 27
  • Winged Bowl 5.jpg
    Winged Bowl 5.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 29
Wow, like it Bernie. :thumb: That's a cool piece of wood, and I like the form of the bowl. If it was just the bowl with no wings, then I'd think maybe a smaller foot with more rounded sides, but since it has the wings, I'm betting you need the base for some stability.

Great job. :clap:

And you're probably the only guy on your block with a winged crab apple funnel. Be proud, man!

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. No bruised knuckles but will say this you are aware every minute of where they are when turning those babies. Like I said they just aren't my thing but wanted to do one just to say I could and did.

Yep Vaughn I am probably the only one in the city with one. It sure is purdy though.:rofl:

I did a square one once for a contest at another site, and that was thrilling enough, let me tell you, that one you did Bernie, man, that would wake me up more than a triple espresso! :eek: