Problem after FW software update

1. Standard Editor - extra formatting...

2. Woodie

Note also - I've made no User CP changes since joining FW.

I logged out, and also deleted the cookie from my HD - no change.
That's one of the things that used to drive me nuts back when I did tech support...you know the other guy is doing the right things, and for the life of you can't figure out what's different and causing the errant behavior. :bang:

...Anybody got any ideas?
Go to Greg's house and borrow his computer? :rofl: We'll keep seeing if we can find anything to try to fix it. In the meantime, I'm reminded of the old (I believe) Groucho Marx bit:

I told the doctor: "Doc, it hurts when I do this." Doctor says: "Don't do that." :D

(Seriously, we'll see if we can find anything.)

Okay, I've narrowed it down - A LOT!

The problem is somewhere/somehow on this computer.

I tried everybody's suggestions, but got nowhere.

On a whim, I booted up my laptop, and on it there is no problem. Everything works as it should.

So, then I tried my wife's computer. No problem there, either.

That sure narrows it down, doesn't it? I've tried deleting my FW cookie, but that doesn't change anything. Now, does anybody have any suggestions?

I'M STUMPED!

Jim,

Which browser(s) are you using, and which version....(upgraded to latest?)

MSIE 6, version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254

It's up to date with the auto-update feature enabled. BTW, so is the laptop, and my wife's computer, and they work okay.

Don't even suggest that I change browsers. I have no use for firefox, netscape, or whatever. I do not suffer from MS paranoia.

Well, Jim....

If you are adamant about not trying another browser...I am just about at my limit of ideas.

That being said....I would suggest you go to www.mozilla.com and download the latest version of FireFox, a well respected and widely used...stable browser. I am surprised I didn't suggest this sooner, but believe it's worth giving it a try even just to confirm that your current browser is the problem or not. If it's not, you can delete it with not harm...no foul. If it shows you do have a browser problem, you can now begin to deal with it.

If you absolutely will not try another, I would suggest you download a fresh copy of IE and see if it works better for you.

:dunno::dunno: