Quantity rather than Quality

Chas Jones

__________A couple of hours in the shed yesterday and a rainy day today managed to see these completed. All from Home dried material that was still growing earlier in the year.

_________ ___ _______ click on images for larger view
_______________Beech (190mm)_______________Cherry (142mm)
_________ ___ _______
_______________Cherry (110mm)_______________Cherry (83mm)
_________
_______________Cherry (87mm)

Thanks for the comments folks, I'm afraid my stuff tends to be of a simple form and rather utilitarian, most are for use as trinket pots for whatever or chair side munchies, the cherry pieces are destined for the supplier of the timber to give as little gifts.

On the picture quality front I must apologise for the graininess etc. been there done that as they say on the 'photo front over the years but now take the easy route and everything gets a quick look at the video camera which has limited pixel count.

A better indication of the finish may be gained if you look for the window reflection in the 87mm piece.

clip.jpg

I don't know, Chas, you titled this post "Quantity rather than Quality" but to me it looks like you accomplished both!

I can't think of a time I ever got five bowls out of my shop in one afternoon, and certainly not looking as good as those.

Well done indeed!

I can't think of a time I ever got five bowls out of my shop in one afternoon, and certainly not looking as good as those.

Not that big a deal really Steven, I tend to batch process stuff, there are always 40-50 green turned pieces awaiting the mood to finish.

These have their dovetail spigots or recesses reworked back into round in batches of half a dozen or so whenever I have the Cole Jaws fitted and a few minutes to spare.

This means that they are ready for final cuts whenever the mood takes and are again worked in batches of similar items requiring the same dovetail jaw size, finishing the centres and as much of the outer as possible on several pieces before reverting back to Cole Jaws to finish the bases.

Economy of effort on setup changes, and finishing product use, means that I get more done and avoid the “can’t be bothered to set that up” feeling so much.

__________A couple more in the same vein today.
_________ _______ click on image for larger view
_____________Beech (95 - 75mm)
The one on the left is very different, but I like it. The one on the right is nice, also, but the other one stands out (and up). :thumb: