Major Incident (fire) at my Neighbor's House

Ned Bulken

9:00 pm tonight, er last night, our neighbor pounded on our door, his kitchen was on fire. Pics in the morning, details to follow, no injuries, but the kitchen is a loss.

edit

my neighbor was taken to the emergency room for shortness of breath, just got back from following my DW who brought their car to the hospital.

Last edited:
DSC04020.jpg

DSC03992.jpg

DSC03949.jpg

DSC03940.jpg

DSC03964.jpg

Last edited:
Ned,
Give your neighbor our condolences on the kitchen, thankfully they were OK.
I hope they can get things back to normal soon.

Wes

Good nobody was hurt. We had a fire that took out our kitchen when my wife accidentally started an oil fire cooking kala-agi (sp? Japanese fried chicken).

We were out of the home for 6 months while we got a new kitchen, took it down to the studs and built here a wonderful kitchen with top end appliances. She now uses it for cooking classes, which has worked out well for her.

Our kitchen was mostly smoke damage, but the fire dept. did their own damage when they tromped around breaking up tile and such...another minute or two and the whole house would have gone down...once it goes up into the attic, the air fuels the fire and takes the whole house down in a matter of seconds...looks like they were lucky in that regard also.

Our insurance agent got us some certificate/vouchers from the Red Cross to house us for the first night or two (hotel of our choice), then they moved us into the Residence Inn where we stayed for 6 months...I remember loosing my contract (was a consultant) just after moving into the Residence Inn...my life was suckin' at the end of '98...no home and no job, but luckily I had my family to carry me through...:thumb: Little did we know, we were about to enter one of the greatest eras for the high tech industry where $$$s had no end...the dot-bomb!

Last edited:
lol

didn't see this post until this am.

vacation - supposedly a break from routine, which increases stress levels at the end of the event when you have to return to normal life.

Oh, we call that "Saturday" around here, as it is just before our week end, as we don't open the L shop until about 6PM on Sunday night, so we have most of Sunday off :D