Spent some time with Tyler Howell last evening.

Jim O'Dell

Tyler is in Fort Worth for a business conference this week and we were able to hook up for a meal of BBQ, and a quick trip to the house and tour the shop for a few minutes, in the heat, last evening. DSCN1647.jpg It is really nice to get to know a little more about the people we talk to here on the internet, and I can truely say that Tyler is a very interesting person, and a true gentleman. I had a great time! Jim.

Last edited:
Ed, my old boy kept nudging him wanting to be petted and loved on, and Tyler obliged. Tyler has a picture hopefully he will post when he gets back home of Dalton laying between us on the sofa. The flash bothered him (scared of thunderstorms in his old age) so he got up after that first picture and left.
Alan, I didn't even put me to work in the shop last night! Jim.

I've been wondering what's become of him. I'm glad you got to meet my buddy Tyler. He is a special guy. Send him back safe and sound. We need him up here. Besides, I want to drive his new tractor. :D

Gotta ask...are there any pictures of Tyler where he's not wearing the biggest, friendliest grin on the planet? He could patent that smile. :)

Tyler is in Fort Worth for a business conference this week and we were able to hook up for a meal of BBQ, and a quick trip to the house and tour the shop for a few minutes, in the heat, last evening. View attachment 11580 It is really nice to get to know a little more about the people we talk to here on the internet, and I can truely say that Tyler is a very interesting person, and a true gentleman. I had a great time! Jim.

Gee, Jim, why didn't you convince him to come on out to Midland/Odessa while he was in Texas, (We could have drummed him up some "Air Traffic Control Business" at the airport here too if he needed an excuse),;) and since he's got plenty of experience doing remodels, I could have sure put him to work for a while in MY Shop.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl: I've just gotta meet ole Tyler one of these days. Maybe he'll have another trip down there sometime when I'm in the area visiting my Daughters.:thumb:

Steve, the man walks pretty tall. Well, come to think of it, he couldn't reach the light switches I have in the ceiling. :rofl:
Norman, maybe he will get down here again before he retires in 200 days, even though no one is counting. :wave: He has been down 2 times now in 3 months. Didn't say anything the first time, but mentioned something in a thread over at SMC about being in Ft. Worth this week, and I happend to catch it and we were able to make the meeting happen. Hopefully he will be able to let us know with a little more lead time next time, and everyone in the area can make some arrangements in their schedules. Maybe we can make an evening cooking hamburgers and telling wood working stories. Jim.

Hey Jim, I didn't see any mention of Tyler gifting you with the infamous multi purpose, handy dandy shop thong that he's so famous for introducing to the WW'ing world? :eek::D I trust it was just an oversight.

In any case, Tyler is truly an all around good guy. :clap: I'm hoping we can get together again before he heads up Grand Marais when he retires. I don't even think I can get there from here. :rofl:

Karl

Like I titled the thread over at SMC, this was an impromptu get together. We PM'd quickly before he went to the new house Friday, then I don't think he even got back on the net before he headed to Fort Worth. So I'm sure he didn't have time for thinking about the shop thong. Of course, I might have stayed out of that discussion before. If so, lucky for me!!:D Jim.