simple question

Chris, do you want to do a screen shot showing the drawing window and maybe the toolbars? Or do you just want a picture of the model you are drawing? If the latter, use Travis's advice. If the former, you can use another application to make a screen grab. I use HyperSnap and another application the name of which escapes me at the moment. The mystery application is the one I use for capturing video, too.

I did a quick search and this was the first free screen grab software I got a link to. No idea how well it works but its free.
http://www.traction-software.co.uk/screengrabpro/

If you're using any recent version of windows, you can also do screen grabs without any other software...

alt+PrtScn will capture the current window in your clipboard. Then you can open Paint (start > programs > accessories > Paint) and ctrl+v to paste it into Paint. Save it as a JPG or BMP file and off you go!

Another alternative to screen grab software (if you're on a Windows PC)...

Click on the window you want to capture, then while holding down the <Alt> key, press the <PrtScn> (print screen) key. Then, open up Microsoft Paint and select Paste fro the Edit menu. That puts your screen capture in the Paint window. Save the file as a .jpg file, then resize it (like you would a photograph) to a max size of 800 pixels wide or high.

If you're simply exporting the SketchUp drawing, as Travis mentioned, in SU select File | Export | 2D Graphic, and you can save it as a .jpg file. By default, the exported file will be bigger than the 800 pixel limit here on Family Woodworking. But if you click the "Options" button at the bottom of the dialog box where you specify the name for the new .jpg file you're exporting, you can specify a width of 800 pixels, so you won't have to resize the file after saving it. You can also move the "Compression" slider to about the halfway point to reduce the file size as well.

Oops...I see Jason was faster on the draw. ;)

thanks

awesome help as always

well, except for that hillbilly...but, at least he chimed in

thanks everyone, i'll post the drawing in my thread about width of stairs in the construction forum....heck i'll post it here too

thanks
chris