Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 and clmbing

100 and clmbing

9th day in row for 100 or above temps. I feel for the guys that work outside all day! Good thing it it is a dry heat. Serious!! Humidity has been in the 20-30% range past few days. Very low for us. Typically 80% or higher. At that level sweating doesn't do any good.

OK, got to go inspect a crawl space. It will be 80% humidity or higher in there. At least it is a quick job and good pay. I can ride in an A/C there and back!
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt
    Dry heat - yeah right. Out here we complain how muggy it is over 10% humidity.

Seriously though, do be careful out there. The heat can get you straight away or it can distract you and cause an accident.

As a way younger man, I worked summers in Texas doing roofing. Stunted my growth and gave me a bad temper.
    Don't believe everything you think!

Yep..... plenty hot in Atlanta today at 101

Sure hope it will break soon.
    Cheers,
    Bob

Nice and cool in the windy city today. Only got up to 76 today. Forecast is only in the high 70's for the next 4 days!!!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by randy street View Post
    Nice and cool in the windy city today. Only got up to 76 today. Forecast is only in the high 70's for the next 4 days!!!
    Yea. but you Yanks only have two seasons.

4th of July and Winter!
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Horton View Post
    Yea. but you Yanks only have two seasons.

4th of July and Winter!
    Actually its Winter and Road Construction!!

Randy

Thanks for getting that misinformation straightened out Randy!

Uh...guys......we are finally gonna get back down into the 80's here for the first time since June IIRC. We've been as high as 109.....but hey....with 15% humidity....It's still hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Cloud View Post
    Dry heat - yeah right. Out here we complain how muggy it is over 10% humidity.

Seriously though, do be careful out there. The heat can get you straight away or it can distract you and cause an accident.

As a way younger man, I worked summers in Texas doing roofing. Stunted my growth and gave me a bad temper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post

None that I've seen
    Me, either, Jesse. But then I haven't been around you that much. Perhaps I should call your wife!!

Nancy (127 days)
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Cold Here

Two weeks ago it hit 91 here...a crazy temp for Maine. This week it has been chilly, some days not hitting 70 even. Still the other morning I got up and it was 43 degrees...no kidding, that is 11 degrees from the point where wet water gets hard. Now that is chilly! This weekend its the same thing. 70's during the day, forties at night....

Oh th days are getting shorter, the nights cooler...you can just tell this stuff is just around the corner!!

I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Yeh Travis..... just rub it in while the rest of us are scorching
    Cheers,
    Bob