Drove by Metter GA today! So Marty

Bartee Lamar

are they extending the airport runway for you newest gloat !!!!

After 3 hours on the road, there it was on I16. Metter GA!!

We are doing a weekend in Savannah.

So what have you been up to ? I know your are enjoying that AC in the shop.

Bartee,

Too bad I'm not close enough to the highway to have seen you wave as you drove by...:rolleyes:

But, I am pretty darn close to that exit.

If your plans allow, we'd be thrilled to have you drop by for a visit if you're interested. (Check your PMs ;))

As for what I've been up to, I'm busy working on my first commission project. My sweat equity was a huge help building the shop, but I still have big bills to pay! :huh::doh:

And before you ask, I'm planning to create a thread when my first piece is done...you should know I like surprises by now... :rolleyes::rofl:

Enjoy your (hot) vacation in Savannah...
- Marty -

Well, it's official....Bartee is an imposter! I know this may be a shock to some of you, but there is no way a true wood worker could be that close to Marty and Denise's shop, and not plan for a short stop. NO WAY!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::D:D:D:rofl: I know what you are going to say Bartee...no I don't know your wife. But I do know mine and know I'd have to promise the moon for just an hour's time.
I'm really just kidding. Hope you can find a couple extra hours to see that shop on your way home. You know Marty will swear you to silence on the commission piece, though. Just be prepaired. Jim.

Last edited:
Jim,

You have certainly hit the nail on the head......

She is the LOML, but somehow does not understand the complete fasination we have with tools and wood.

I actually did not know where Metter was except for south GA. I did laught out loud as we we driving down the highway and I was wondering what all the dump trucks were doing, then realized there were extending the runway AND THEN I saw the Metter GA sign. So I said to LOML, I guess Marty is having the runway extended. Well, she just looked at me like WHAT ? :huh:

And yes, I am in a hotel room, checking FWW at 7am.... no I am NOT obsessed :type:

Hey Bartee, I've got an idea...if you will be going home the same path, get Marty's phone number and about the right turn off, fake some engine trouble.:thumb: Say, Hey, I've got a guy's phone number that lives near here...maybe he can help. When you get the car running again, just say it must have been something in the fuel from the last fill up. Works everyti....oops, hope my wife doesn't read this.:rofl: Jim.

Well, it's official....Bartee is an imposter! I know this may be a shock to some of you, but there is no way a true wood worker could be that close to Marty and Denise's shop, and not plan for a short stop. NO WAY!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::D:D:D:rofl: I know what you are going to say Bartee...no I don't know your wife. But I do know mine and know I'd have to promise the moon for just an hour's time.
I'm really just kidding. Hope you can find a couple extra hours to see that shop on your way home. You know Marty will swear you to silence on the commission piece, though. Just be prepaired. Jim.

Well Jim,

I'm here to vouch for Bartee. He's NO IMPOSTER...and here's proof:

P1000923.jpg

And Jim, it didn't even take a 'white lie' about breaking down. Bartee's lovely wife Carlin was very understanding and indulgent. She even sat with Denise at the workbench talking about...who knows what...while Bartee and I toured the shop and the tools.

Bartee...and Carlin...thanks for stopping by. It's always a PLEASURE to meet folks from the forum...especially someone that knows the studio as well as I do! :rolleyes: Sure makes giving a tour unnecessary!

Know that you two are ALWAYS welcome to come by any time you're so inclined!

(I think Carlin might have taken a pic or two, so Bartee might have more to post when they arrive back home.)

So Jim, Bartee's for real...and a TRULY nice guy to boot! :thumb:

- Marty -

You know Bartee, that saw looks awful good in your hand. Give that SS some thought. For not all that much more you could have you own MM slider! :rolleyes:

And after today, I think you see the benefits one affords you! :thumb:

Again, glad to meet you and Carlin. There's an open invitation any time you want to take a drive down!!! ;)

- Marty -