I hate red x's

Bruce Page

Am I the only one who’s employer blocks access to picture hosting sites like photobucket? (I do most of my surfing during my lunch hour...:rolleyes:)

I don’t know why a lot people don’t post their pics directly to FW. :confused:

Bruce, until right now I didn't know that would be a problem. I thought if I kept them on my photobucket it would take up less space on FW.

Sorry.:eek:

Well, at least you can read the words. I'm usually blocked from this site all together. Although at that time I can access SMC and others by using some of my "minutes" to view them. Last 2 weeks or so he's left it wide open. :dunno: :type::type::type: Jim.

if my understanding from talking with marty is correct we don`t have any server space issues......so load `em up untill somebody more versed in `puters says to do something different....

Your employer is not alone. I post directly as I understand space is not yet a problem. The other advantage is that FWW posted pics don't go away if someone decides to move remotly stored pics from where they were. I like that I can go back in time and still see the pics that someone posted for all to see.

If you are blocked from viewing a site at work, you can go to Google and use the translate function Google supplies. Just translate from English to English the page you want to access.

Saw this in an eWEEK column a few months ago, when another IT guy was blocked by his non-tech boss.

Images from photobucket are blocked for me too and it's a real bummer! Why? B/c by the time I get home from work, I can't find, or remember where I saw what I wanted to look at.:(

If you are blocked from viewing a site at work, you can go to Google and use the translate function Google supplies. Just translate from English to English the page you want to access.

Saw this in an eWEEK column a few months ago, when another IT guy was blocked by his non-tech boss.

Where is the translate function at?

update, I found it but didn't see english to english so I used spanish to english and it seemed to work. Neat trick.

Last edited:
Your employer is not alone. I post directly as I understand space is not yet a problem. The other advantage is that FWW posted pics don't go away if someone decides to move remotly stored pics from where they were. I like that I can go back in time and still see the pics that someone posted for all to see.

glenn,
we`re set up somewhat different than other forums in that if "joe" gets mad at the forum and wants to take his intelectual toys and go home he can..the content that any member posts to this forum belongs to that member not the forum. the ownership of intelectual property was one of the pitfalls of other woodworking forums on the net and we felt that everybody would feel better and behave nicer if they understood that everyone owns their own content here...
tod