How'd I Do?

Wes Bischel

I was in Lowes this evening with the Little Man looking for a lamp for his room and a surge protector that covered cable etc. Found a lamp he liked but bust on the surge protector. So we did what every father and son do - went to the tool section.:D Sooooo, we're strolling through the isles and what do I spy? A ubiquitous yellow sticker. This one was over a lone box - a big box. It had a big $80 on it with a little $400.
In the box was a Biesemeyer BC30 fence and table system! Though I've been happy with my old tube rail fence, this was too tempting to pass up - plus LOML gave me an OK!:thumb:

So, how'd I do?:D

Wes

Attachments

• 100_3514.JPG
    100_3514.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_3515.JPG
    100_3515.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 62
Boy, did you EVER do good, Wes.:thumb: (You'd better hide out for a while til the Sheriff quits looking for you though).:D They don't even stock anything that good in the stores out here in my neck of the woods. You'll LOVE that fence. I had the option of a Biese Commercial or a Unifence, (or whatever they were called back then), when I bought my PM 66 about 17 yrs ago, and I have most certainly been pleased with that very fortunate--(and lucky) decision to go with the Biese, especially since that was the first one of them I had ever seen.

I really did luck out. It was marked down a few weeks ago to $150 and I had the willpower to resist. When I saw the price this time, all I could think was how I would be kicking myself if I didn't buy it.:D
The saws at my former employer all had Biesemeyer fences on them and I did become spoiled. My old tube rail fence has done a nice job, and I hadn't considered replacing it - but gee whiz!:thumb:

Bruce, the rail is 64" long which I think is the smaller of the two offered.

Norman, I guess you know a good thing when you see it.

Don't you just love corporate logic? It's better to sell it below cost (I bet manufacturing cost in this case) than to send it back. Mind you I'm not complaining.:p I've picked up a number of items from Lowes on closeout - hence the walk-through each time I go there.

Wes - in hiding until the Sheriff gives up!

I've yet to see a Beis at the Lowes here. I did see the Unifence at the Weatherford location at 89.95. If it had been a Beis, I would have walked out with the 2 they had and sold one one Ebay to pay for both! I'm batching it today. Might need something from Lowes afterall, and go give a peak. :D Jim.

I was in Lowes this evening with the Little Man looking for a lamp for his room and a surge protector that covered cable etc. Found a lamp he liked but bust on the surge protector. So we did what every father and son do - went to the tool section.:D Sooooo, we're strolling through the isles and what do I spy? A ubiquitous yellow sticker. This one was over a lone box - a big box. It had a big $80 on it with a little $400.
In the box was a Biesemeyer BC30 fence and table system! Though I've been happy with my old tube rail fence, this was too tempting to pass up - plus LOML gave me an OK!:thumb:

So, how'd I do?:D

Wes

And we have another winner! I have that fence and it is worth $400, a steal at $200 so you get a big whoop, whoop on that one. I love mine. Once set up, you can pound nails with it and it will still be aligned.

Were you wearing a mask when you robbed that Lowes? Great snag, Wes. I'm sure you'll love the upgrade to your saw.

Well, I had to go to Lowes to get shower/tub hardware for our home remodel.... I got the last 2 Bies they had.. :doh: $80 for one. The other had a small rip in the box and a small scratch on the "Biesemeyer" decal on the top of the fence... I hated to do it, but I showed the tool dept manager and asked if he could do something on the price...I got 10% off, so I paid $72. It was tough getting them both into my small sedan, but I did it! :thumb:

A couple of people are gonna got a good deal on craigslist...

Dang Wes........that has to be the deal of the century. :eek: Good for you! :thumb: I "have" to go to Lowe's tomorrow anyway, and I will be keeping my eyes peeled for any deals like that. I don't really need a fence, as the one on my cabinet saw is just fine, but there ain't NO WAY I'm passing up a deal like that. It pays to be in the right place at the right time, huh? ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, I have to tip my hat to ya, Wes. Hopefully, I can get my original fence for free, or close to it selling the 2 I got today...and still give someone a decent deal on one of the fences I got today.

Kevin, or others... Have one of the employees lookup Lowes number 237671, or, if that shows nothing... try 237666. If you just look around or ask about the Bies, they probably won't know, or think they are all gone. There were none in the tool department, and one of the guys there new nothing about them. I had another person look it up in their computer, and ....bingo! They had to hunt for one, and get the other from the upstairs storage.

I really did luck out.

Norman, I guess you know a good thing when you see it.

Don't you just love corporate logic? It's better to sell it below cost (I bet manufacturing cost in this case) than to send it back. Mind you I'm not complaining.:p I've picked up a number of items from Lowes on closeout - hence the walk-through each time I go there.

Wes - in hiding until the Sheriff gives up!

Yeah, I LOVE it when that happens. I had bought a Rigid mobility kit on sale for a Xmas present for my buddy for his Rigid Contr saw that was marked down from $69 (IIRC) to $29 @ HD and then a few months later someone posted about them being closed out at @ $13.63, so I looked here but they were out so I drove the 22 miles to the next one and we, (2 HD employees and myself), looked for almost 2 hrs before they gave up and I finally found them. I had originally only wanted 2, but at that price and after spending so much time looking for them, I did the "Right Thing",...........TOOK ALL FOUR.:D
(Of course part of that reasoning was that I found out it REALLY was a closeout and they wouldn't be selling them individually any more, as all the new saws would now come with mobility kits as standard equipment).;)

NO SALE IN TEXAS

Well I guess only Wes and Greg are the lucky ones this week. After reading their posts again, I thought that was just too good to pass up, as I would like one on my "OLD" Craftsman Contr saw to match the one on my 66, AND I thought it would be a good Birthday present for my Buddy to replace the fence on his Rigid, (that absolutely will not stay adjusted).

With this in mind, I called the semi-local Lowes to be sure they didn't stock them and they punched in the numbers Greg supplied and confirmed that they did not stock either of them. Next I called TWO Lowes stores in the DFW area (figuring that if they had them, AND on sale, my daughters could pick them up for me). Each of the stores had TWO of the 237671 in stock but none of the 237666, Buuuuuuuut.........the price at both stores was $200 for the 237671, and $165 for the 237666. I mentioned that some other stores across the country had them on sale, and they asked their managers and each replied that they knew nothing about it. What a Bummer.:(:(:(

Some guys just have All the LUCK.:rolleyes::D:D

Last edited:
Norman,

The 237671 is the Bies, and the managers should have the clearance price.... Something is fishy. $220 was the old sale price on them.

I have a feeling the 237666 is the number for the Unifence...sometimes got mixed up at Lowes. $165 was their old sale price. I've not heard anything on a better price for they Unifence, as I thought they were all gone from the Lowes inventory.

If you could get your daughter to go to the store, (supply with pics if necessary) and see if she can't convince them in person. Some of the sales people just don't know, and some blow off customers as they are busy. Don't get me wrong, I have had more good service than normal from my local Lowes, but I have caught one or two sluffing off....or just didn't know.

Good Luck

Norman,

The 237671 is the Bies, and the managers should have the clearance price.... Something is fishy. $220 was the old sale price on them.

I have a feeling the 237666 is the number for the Unifence...sometimes got mixed up at Lowes. $165 was their old sale price. I've not heard anything on a better price for they Unifence, as I thought they were all gone from the Lowes inventory.

If you could get your daughter to go to the store, (supply with pics if necessary) and see if she can't convince them in person. Some of the sales people just don't know, and some blow off customers as they are busy. Don't get me wrong, I have had more good service than normal from my local Lowes, but I have caught one or two sluffing off....or just didn't know.

Good Luck

Greg, I think it must be a Region by Region Thing, because It wasn't a sales person I talked to it was a lady in each case in the Office, and I even overheard the conversations with both managers, and in each case the manager made a good effort and looked at the computer and told them to pull up a couple of other places to see if they were on those lists, but in the end, they could find nothing, and each of the managers told them to tell me they were sorry, but until they got a listing on the computer of the price change/sale, they couldn't sell them for that price. My guess is that if an area is selling them within a given time, they haven't dropped the price, but if they have been in the stores of a different area for a long time, they are just moving them out in those areas, who knows.:dunno:

Thanks for the numbers though, and good luck with the sale of yours. I WILL try to keep checking to see if they put them on sale later in the DFW area, but they never did stock them out here in West Texas, or at least at the Midland store which is 22 miles away, but the opnly one in this area.