Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: couple of recent jobs

couple of recent jobs

here are a couple of recent jobs i have been working on. the first is oak and has my first attempt at an angled raised panel hood vent enclosure.

the second is a pretty standard kitchen, knotty cypress with my first attempt at an angular bar with raised top. this one i had to fix because i got some dimensions wrong on my drawing...needless to say i was quite mad about that one.

doors were outsourced because i just don't have the time to do them and keep up with the amount of work i have...guess that's a good problem.

thanks for looking
    chris

Attachment 11634

Attachment 11635

Attachment 11636

Attachment 11637

Attachment 11638

Attachment 11639

Attachment 11640

Man, Chris...how do you do that?

Superb job!

I would love to be able to do work like that.

Glad to hear you're busy too, cause that means a lot of people benefitting from your talent and dedication to first class results.

Wow Chris! What are you doing next weekend? Wanna do my kitchen?

really nice work.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Chris,

Do you do any of the tile work too, or just the woodwork? Trim work? Everything just fits together so well.

The hood vent came out great.

Attachment 11650
    Last edited by Greg Cook; 09-13-2009 at 03:46 AM.

Very, Very NICE, Chris. Glad to see you've had something to occupy your time, (and keep your Brain exercised). Do you do your own Finish too, or do the painters do it?

Just curious as to the kitchen floor, it kinda looks like that stained concrete process from the picture, or maybe cork. What is it?

Sorry about the mismeasurement, ('course I've NEVER done anything like that). Looks like your "Fix" was A-One though, 'cause I sure can't see any screwup.

greg, first of all thanks for the nice comments, it really isn't as hard as it looks. i guess it just takes a general understanding of how to do the cabinets...the woodworking part isn't really anything that takes serious skill.

anyway, i did the cabinets only...someone else did the tile work and trim work, although i do plan to do both of those things on my home next year when i build it. along with many other things. hopefully i'll have time to do a thread on the constr of the house.

rennie,

thanks, that's the best compliment, that someone would be willing to let me do their own kitchen...thanks

that is why i love what i do, people get excited about other things in their houses but when the cabinets go in, they really get excited. it makes all the headaches and aggravation go away when you see the look on their faces and know they are satisfied.

thanks again guys i appreciate it....i have 3 other houses i need to take pics of, hopefully i'll get them soon.

chris

Chris,
    Really nice work! I hope you're getting the pictures for your portfolio.

Wes

Hi Chris,
    Glad to see you turning out alot of nice work. It looks like it has been fun for you. Stay up with those photos.
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

norman, thanks very much...no i don't do my own finish work unless it is for my personal projects. i don't have a good place to spray finishes and to be honest i'm just not good enough to take a chance on ruining my work that took so much time and effort. hopefully one day i will have the skill to be able to offer that service to my clients.

by the way it is stained concrete....which i hate because that means i have to tear up all the floor covering that was put down to protect them from drywall mud. stained concrete is really popular around here for economical reason....i like the look of it most of the time...actually plan to do the kids bedrooms with it just to save a little money up front then cover them later.

wes, yes i am saving the pics...but for my website that i want to have, mostly just to be able to send client to in order to see their options.

shaz, thanks, most times it's fun....sometimes not so much...but always rewarding.