couple of recent jobs

Chris,

Great work! :thumb: The hood over the stove and the oven in the corner really caught my eye.

What type of wood did you use for the second set of pictures? It looks like pine, but I can't tell for sure.

thanks sean, i hope i never have to put an oven in the corner again....it wastes so much useable space and it was a bugger to build...had to build it on site because it was too big to fit through any doors. almost 60" wide at it's widest point, and that was the second one i did in a row

the second set of pics is No. 2 Knotty cypress...very similiar in many ways to pine, even appearance sometimes.

thanks
chris

Hi Chris,

Great work. Couple of questions. All all your jobs face frame? Do the clients request face frames or don't care? Were the arched doors requested or is it something you recommended. Just curious because I make my own doors and am not set up for arches yet.

Also if you don't mind me asking do you bid the jobs by the running lineal feet of cabinets?

Doug

hi doug,

thanks!

yes i only do face frames because that is the norm around here. the only frameless done around here is usually prefab...i think there are a few shops doing frameless, but it just hasn't caught on in the residential field, mostly commercial. also i am not set up to do frameless, personally i like the look though.

arch doors are offered as an option, most of my clients have opted for them though. i am not set up for them either, but at the moment i outsource all doors because of time restraints, i would never be able to keep up with demand otherwise.

yes i bid my cabs by lineal feet, uppers and lowers separate due to different heights of uppers offered...i also bid them with doors separate due to different types of doors.

thanks again