I Was Zukinied Today

Yep it was bound to happen, its just that time of year. I ran into the store for just a minute to grab a few groceries. As I did so, I inadvertently left the car unlocked. I should have known better. I should have known this is the time of year when unscrupulous varmint break into your car and leave you wishing they have never stepped foot in town.

Yep I was zukinied today.

You probably have all been hit by this villain. The good neighbor that has way too many cukes, pumpkins, peas, corn and yes even zukinni. They spy your car, see it unlocked and then leave loads of fresh vegetables thinking you are going to enjoy the fresh produce.

It's a nice gesture but since everyone does it, man locking your car this time of year is the only way to stave them off. Its just downright crazy.

So does any one else on here find themselves locking their cars so they don't get zukinnied by the neighbors or am I just blessed/ cursed with this too-do-gooders?

Travis, I WISH I could be BLESSED with zucchini by a neighbor, friend, or stranger. I love zucchini bread and like to make batches of it and freeze it. But with the price of the stuff in the groceries and at the farmers' markets, BAH!!

Send your neighbors my way!!

Nancy (125 days)

Oh yeah .... except I don't grow zuchini .... I am good at growing tomatoes though ... as my neighbours all know now ... hehehe :)

cheers

If you like zuchini as much as I do....it's kinda like being pounded with rotten tomatoes..............Come think of it....I might like that better!

Okay....I'll apologize to all you zuchini lovers out there. It's just that the ENT thats treating my vertigo attacks has placed me on a low sodium diet. Most foods without salt.....well .....let me draw a mental image for you....go to the garbage can....pull out a piece of that old brown cardboard that is used for boxes.....cut it up into small 1" pieces....now I don't care what you put on that it's not going to taste good without salt!:eek::rolleyes::D The LOML is also trying to feed us low fat too.....No salt.....No fat.....I've become lactose intolerant and EPA is threatening scrubbers etc......Well anyway....You add to that my neighbors are excellent gardeners and one of their most successful crops......You got it! ZUCHINI...with no salt..no fat....no cheese (there's that lactose and fat thing again)......Move over Trigger...would you mind sharing this bale?:eek::rolleyes::D

Your looking at it wrong Travis. Just shows you live in a good part of the country. Image that happening in a big city. You have had the Zucchini but the car would be gone.

I know this is off the topic but not really.

You are talking about people making deposits of things you don't particularly want in your car. Well I had a neighbor in Delaware that lived in New York before moving to Delaware. There was this garbage strike!!! They compacted their garbage and wrapped it up in BIRTHDAY PAPER :eek::eek: and drove to another part of town. Left the door unlocked and came back in a few minutes. Problem solved!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: