Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Warning: SketchUp Help Outage

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Posts
    2,468

    Warning: SketchUp Help Outage

    Actually that is rather presumptuous sounding. I just thought I'd let you all know that I'll be away starting on Tuesday the 21st through the 28th or so. If I don't reply to your questions, it's only because I'm not in front of a computer. I'll be studying Maine lobsters: boiled lobsters, stuffed lobsters, lobster bisque, lobster rolls, lobster salad, lobster... Oh and also wooden boats.

    If you have any SU questions, get them in soon. Otherwise, the other SU experts here can answer them.
    Last edited by Jeff Horton; 08-18-2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: SORRY!! I hit the eidit button without realizing it DAVE!! :o:o:o:o
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    ........ Oh and also wooden boats.
    FOUL!! NO FAIR!!!

    And a stealth gloat too!

    Jeff
    Lover of wooden boats.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.


    Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Posts
    2,468
    So I suppose I'd better not tell you that I'll be going to Brooklin and WoodenBoat for the start of the Small Reach Regatta where there'll be a couple of dozen small wooden boats or that later in the week I might get to go for a sail on a Shields class wooden boat. I probably shouldn't mention going to Lie-Nielsen either so I won't.
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ABQ NM
    Posts
    29,086
    Have a good time, Dave. Sounds like a fun vacation. And no worries about the SU help...we'll have Tod take care of everyone until you get back.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

    workingwoods.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    4,265
    Please don't Dave. I might start lusting and get envious.

    Lie-Nielsen is OK. It's no big deal to me. I just don't lust after new tools that much. But if you want to make it up to me a nice medium sized shoulder plane would be welcome. Heck I will ever take a decent used Stanley. That will make it up to me.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.


    Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    So I suppose I'd better not tell you that I'll be going to Brooklin and WoodenBoat ...
    Looking is fine. But just don't buy one, as you already have one fulltime job, and you don't need another one (wooden boat maintenance.)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Looking is fine. But just don't buy one, as you already have one fulltime job, and you don't need another one (wooden boat maintenance.)

    Don't worry, Art. I won't buy a boat out there. There are size limitations for carry on baggage. I am thinking about the next one to build though. A long list but hard to decide which one to do next.
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    Actually that is rather presumptuous sounding. I just thought I'd let you all know that I'll be away starting on Tuesday the 21st through the 28th or so. If I don't reply to your questions, it's only because I'm not in front of a computer. I'll be studying Maine lobsters: boiled lobsters, stuffed lobsters, lobster bisque, lobster rolls, lobster salad, lobster... Oh and also wooden boats.

    If you have any SU questions, get them in soon. Otherwise, the other SU experts here can answer them.
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for the heads up. In times like this there is a real hole in the design section.
    I am thinking I should join you for a serious one on one 8 day all expenses paid tutorial (con lobsterario ) so that when this situation occurs again, and I am sure it will, someone will be able to oversee the SU masterplan here at the FWW. Send me an E - ticket and the location of the B&B we will be staying at. I will make arrangements with my boss, OH, I am the boss.
    If I can't get free, consider adding an extra mouth next trip.
    Thanks alot for the offer.
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,487
    Sounds like a great trip. Wooden Boat has a beautiful area up there. My dad took a class several years ago and I figured it would be a good opportunity to spend time with the folks. Thoroughly enjoyed sailing one of their Hershoff's around the bay! You do realize we will expect LOTS of pics!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Schaubhut View Post
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for the heads up. In times like this there is a real hole in the design section.
    I am thinking I should join you for a serious one on one 8 day all expenses paid tutorial (con lobsterario ) so that when this situation occurs again, and I am sure it will, someone will be able to oversee the SU masterplan here at the FWW. Send me an E - ticket and the location of the B&B we will be staying at. I will make arrangements with my boss, OH, I am the boss.
    If I can't get free, consider adding an extra mouth next trip.
    Thanks alot for the offer.
    Shaz
    Robert, you make an offer that would be very difficult to turn down. I'll get back to you.

    Ed, I've been off preparing the camera gear. 1024Mb of storage space so I think I can manage 2 or 3 pictures anyway.
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

Similar Threads

  1. Site Outage
    By Darren Wright in forum Site Questions and Test Posts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 11:38 PM
  2. Sorry for the outage........
    By Stuart Ablett in forum Site Questions and Test Posts
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 12:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •