Warning: SketchUp Help Outage

Dave Richards

Actually that is rather presumptuous sounding. I just thought I'd let you all know that I'll be away starting on Tuesday the 21st through the 28th or so. If I don't reply to your questions, it's only because I'm not in front of a computer. I'll be studying Maine lobsters: boiled lobsters, stuffed lobsters, lobster bisque, lobster rolls, lobster salad, lobster... Oh and also wooden boats.

If you have any SU questions, get them in soon. Otherwise, the other SU experts here can answer them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I suppose I'd better not tell you that I'll be going to Brooklin and WoodenBoat for the start of the Small Reach Regatta where there'll be a couple of dozen small wooden boats or that later in the week I might get to go for a sail on a Shields class wooden boat. I probably shouldn't mention going to Lie-Nielsen either so I won't. :rofl:

Have a good time, Dave. Sounds like a fun vacation. And no worries about the SU help...we'll have Tod take care of everyone until you get back. :rofl: :wave:

Please don't Dave. I might start lusting and get envious.

Lie-Nielsen is OK. It's no big deal to me. I just don't lust after new tools that much. But if you want to make it up to me a nice medium sized shoulder plane would be welcome. Heck I will ever take a decent used Stanley. That will make it up to me. ;)

Looking is fine. But just don't buy one, as you already have one fulltime job, and you don't need another one (wooden boat maintenance.)

Don't worry, Art. I won't buy a boat out there. There are size limitations for carry on baggage. :D I am thinking about the next one to build though. A long list but hard to decide which one to do next.

Actually that is rather presumptuous sounding. I just thought I'd let you all know that I'll be away starting on Tuesday the 21st through the 28th or so. If I don't reply to your questions, it's only because I'm not in front of a computer. I'll be studying Maine lobsters: boiled lobsters, stuffed lobsters, lobster bisque, lobster rolls, lobster salad, lobster... Oh and also wooden boats.

If you have any SU questions, get them in soon. Otherwise, the other SU experts here can answer them.
Hi Dave, :wave:
Thanks for the heads up. In times like this there is a real hole in the design section.
I am thinking I should join you for a serious one on one 8 day all expenses paid tutorial (con lobsterario :) ) so that when this situation occurs again, and I am sure it will, someone will be able to oversee the SU masterplan here at the FWW. Send me an E - ticket and the location of the B&B we will be staying at. I will make arrangements with my boss, OH:eek:, I am the boss.:rofl:
If I can't get free, consider adding an extra mouth next trip.:D
Thanks alot for the offer.:thumb:
Shaz

Sounds like a great trip. Wooden Boat has a beautiful area up there. My dad took a class several years ago and I figured it would be a good opportunity to spend time with the folks. Thoroughly enjoyed sailing one of their Hershoff's around the bay! You do realize we will expect LOTS of pics!

Hi Dave, :wave:
Thanks for the heads up. In times like this there is a real hole in the design section.
I am thinking I should join you for a serious one on one 8 day all expenses paid tutorial (con lobsterario :) ) so that when this situation occurs again, and I am sure it will, someone will be able to oversee the SU masterplan here at the FWW. Send me an E - ticket and the location of the B&B we will be staying at. I will make arrangements with my boss, OH:eek:, I am the boss.:rofl:
If I can't get free, consider adding an extra mouth next trip.:D
Thanks alot for the offer.:thumb:
Shaz

Robert, you make an offer that would be very difficult to turn down. I'll get back to you. :thumb:

Ed, I've been off preparing the camera gear. ;) 1024Mb of storage space so I think I can manage 2 or 3 pictures anyway. :D