Thread: My crazy dog.

My crazy dog.

Another funny dog story. We live in a rural area. Neighbor behind me is a Farrier and of course has horses. Someone in his riding club was injured and they had a Fund Raiser today.It just behind me out of sight.

One of the events was a big trail ride. He had asked if they could cut across my land to avoid the busy (for a rural) road and just cut across the pasture. So this morning while loading up a machine for a fellow about 50 horses come across my pasture. His buddy and 4 year old son go down to see the horses while we finish up. We load the machine and when we are done we walk over to find them. They have a party going on at his farm! Blowup bouncing rides for the kids. Meals, pony rides, etc. Lots of kids running around too.

An hour latter I miss Chester. OK, I know where he is. If there are kids and food he is there! He must have followed them over there and didn't come home. I jump on my mountain bike and ride over and there he is with the kids. I ask if he had caused an problems and they laughed and said he was playing with the kids and hanging out around the food table.

One of the women grinned real big and said. " We didn't know who he was and were scared he might bite one of the kids. Then we saw this little girl eating a hot dog with one end in her mouth and he ws eating the other end of the hot dog. We decided he wasn't going to bite anyone then."

Dang dog!
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

I like it!!!! Too Cute. Jim
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Crazy smart I would say! Chester knows where the action is and how to take advantage of it!

Wes

No barking at the horses? Mine will bark at pretty much any bigger animal she's at bit intimidated by. Deer (including the big foam deer archery targets), Canadian geese, a life-sized wolf chainsaw-carved into the stump of a tree in our neighborhood, a friends pet Emu she got to meet a couple of times.... No barking with the little critters though.
    --------------------------------------------
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/

That dog's not crazy. Pretty smart to go where the food is!!

Nancy (125 days)
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

So what are you going to do to make tomorrow a better place for your dog to be so he/she doesn't go back to the neighbor's?
    Dog sounds like a keeper to me!

Yeah Jeff, your dog sounds crazy like a fox. Maybe a fat, goofy and happy fox, but a fox nonetheless. One of my neighbors has a real nice boxer who comes over to visit sometimes when I'm working in the shop. He knows if he shows up either me or LOML will go get him a handful of dog cookies.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    ...... He knows if he shows up either me or LOML will go get him a handful of dog cookies.
    That reminded me. He has our UPS man trained too. Newer driver, been on this route for a few months. I look out one day and Chester is greeting him. No surprise, he likes people. Next thing I know he climbing into the truck!! I hurried out the door and then I see why.

It seems our new UPS man carries a supply of Dog Biscuits for all the dogs on his route. So now, if he is to slow Chester just climbs in the truck with it him till he gets his delivery!

And, if the driver doesn't stop at my house, I watch him as he drives by he tosses biscuits out the door to him and Sadie! Smart driver and spoiled dogs.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Now that's Funny.

I spent the better part of the day in my shop, and my 12 year old lab spent the whole time rolling in sawdust. My wife wouldn't let him in the house until he got thouroughly brushed..
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

My Basset Hound used to be a good shop dog, but over the years he seems to be more irritated by the noises of the machines. I took him out in the new shop but he just wanted to get out of there. He is 10 years old now so his health is declining and he would rather stay in the house and watch animal plnet.

The latter part is true. When we leave the house, all three dogs get free roam of the house and we leave the TV on with animal planet playing. So you see, in my house its not the dogs that are crazy, its the owners.

Basset Hound-Kenworth-Male-10 years old
    Black Lab-Bailey-Female-4 years old
    Miniature Schnauzer-Issac-male-5 years old
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"