Crown molding and trim going in..

Greg Cook

Upstairs guest bedroom that was a storage room. Now powder green, chair rail, crown molding. I use it now as a temp paint room to paint chair rails and crown molding for the other rooms. (the boom is part of my Festool CT22 Dust collector).

View attachment 11704

Guest bathroom is now a nice pastel purple. Not obnoxious at all... I'm going to replace the old vinyl flooring with a nice patterned tile.

View attachment 11705

Reflection makes funny patterns...

View attachment 11706

This is really a mauve....not nearly as "purple" as it looks. I just finished installing the crown molding today.

View attachment 11707

Again, the reflections make things look funny.

View attachment 11708

I'm really learning a lot about color, painting and finish carpentry work. We also painted the Master Bedroom a different tone mauve and I've started on the crown molding. I may try to make some "Wall Frame" wainscoting. If not, I'll just put in chair rails.

Last edited:
Boy, you're making really good progress, Greg, and it's really looking good. Looks like you've got the hang of that Crown Molding installing down Pat.:thumb:

Thanks, Norman

And thanks to Ace Spackle..... Fixes a lot of things, even corners that aren't as tight as they should be. :doh:

:rofl:

I am starting to think upside down better, though. :thumb:

Another bedroom is painted, light blue, and has crown on but waiting for chair rails. Ceiling paint in the upper hall, kitchen and family room starting tomorrow. Then the living room paint.:doh:

You've been staying busy. Looks real good. Should help the house sell for sure.

Thinking of the reflections in your pics...I have a buddy who used to shoot 360 degree photos of the interiors of houses. (He would put them together into Quicktime virtual house tours for real estate agents.) He'd set up a level tripod in the middle of the room, take a series of pics, then stitch them together on the computer. Bathroom mirrors and picture windows were a challenge, since he'd have to Photoshop himself out of the picture, and mirror whatever was across the room.

Hey Greg........Great look!!!!!!!!!
Love that lavender, one of my favorite shades of pink!!:eek: Oh :), and Aqua is a great daytime "welcome to the Bahamas Baby!!!!" color.
You are really turning it on with the molding, it looks great!!!!! You are really doing it up right. Hope you try the paneling below the chair rail, it adds another dimension to the house and to the impact, besides if you have time, it can be very enjoyable.

Nice looking remodel, Greg. Having just completed both bathrooms and the kitchen floor, I certainly know the feeling. I really like the look of adding the crown molding. I chose not to take it quite that far since I would have had to go through the rest of the house with it.;)