What should I do?????????????

Yesterday I noticed that I've managed to grow quite a stash of turning material on my carport in the last week...

There's wood from Arkyland.....Texas.....Now some from Idaho....

I'm all set to take a week off; disassemble the diving board; move everything over to the east side of the shop and finish the west side including installing the lights that have been sitting in there for 18 months. Then, move everything to the west side of the shop and repeat the procedure. Then near the end of September, order a b/s, dc, jointer and yes MUSTARD.

So yesterday SWMBO pointed to a glass vase sitting on the oak sideboard I made her......"I want one turned out wood that size"......she wants it before we have 30+ guests in September....then looking at the stash on the carport I noticed a roughed-out dried Bradford pear bowl given to me by Cecil Arnold while we were visiting in Houston.......Just need to finish turn and finish it......

I really did want that shop finished before all that new iron shows up!:huh::dunno::eek::rolleyes::D

Ken, I know my SWMBO would insist I finish the shop first. But then again, how long have you put that off? Maybe she forgot about that needing to be finished....ssshhhhhhh....maybe she won't ever notice.

Ken,

Ouch! You need to finish the shop *before* the mustard shows up!!! It just won't happen otherwise! ;)

Case in point: I knew my lathe was coming. I was building a large workbench/stand for it. Got the bench top finished, and the frame done, and the top installed. I got the drawer sides cut, and was about to rout the grooves for the drawer bottoms... then the lathe showed up. That was six months ago, and those drawer parts are still sitting there, gathering dust...

It seems to happen to a lot of people... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Ken,

Ouch! You need to finish the shop *before* the mustard shows up!!! It just won't happen otherwise! ;)

Case in point: I knew my lathe was coming. I was building a large workbench/stand for it. Got the bench top finished, and the frame done, and the top installed. I got the drawer sides cut, and was about to rout the grooves for the drawer bottoms... then the lathe showed up. That was six months ago, and those drawer parts are still sitting there, gathering dust...

It seems to happen to a lot of people... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

You're telling me?:dunno: Some idiots here and at the other site gifted me with a lathe and tools 18 months ago. I was about 7 days from finishing my shop then. Now I'm only 6 days, 7 1/2 hours from finishing it. The shop lights have been sitting there for 18 months gathering dust.:D

Ken sounds to me like you had better take a 7 day vacation, oops maybe a 8 day one so you can get the shop finished and one day for finishing the bowl.:rofl:

I had the same problem. I got the lathe and the shop still isn't painted 2 yrs. now down the road. :dunno: Turn or paint.:dunno: