Road Trip Update

Met Marty

I haven't been very good about posting, but we have been having a good time slowly slipping south.

Visited the Mint Museum of Craft in Charlotte NC, saw some fantastic work including a desk by Jere Osgood couldn't take pics, none allowed. It was really a hoot watching the guards waching me examining the desk, they were afraid that I was going to touch it. So what if I was laying on my back trying to figure out the leg laminations and the custom made rollers!

http://www.furnituresociety.org/awards/osgood/osgood.html

Then a longish day down to GA to meet Marty Walsh. Yes, the shop is a cool as it appears in all the posts and I have serious tool and space envy. Marty was very gracious and gave us a wonderful shop tour. And, in the middle of things, the phone rings and guess what, Tod Evans is on the line.

I saw the "mystery work in process" Trust me, it will be worth the wait, and I'm not saying anything else except that the workmanship was exceptional.

Yeah I know, no pics it didn't happen. Don't know why we didn't take any, but hey, everyone has seen way to many pics of the shop anyway,.

Jay