Question re: New Dust Collector

Gord Rock

I just picked up a bigger Dust Collector to replace one that just doesn't move enough air IMHO.:thumb:
The old DC is 110 volts and I have a remote that I found at Lee Valley Tools and it works great. The new DC is 220 volts and I'd like to know if a remote of some kind is available for 220v items. Can anyone tell me where I can get such a beast?

Thanks,
.....Gord

Okay, maybe I'm not as lucky as I thought I was.:eek:
When I try to use the remote the reset button on it kicks out and won't start the DC.:( The DC is rated at 18 amps. The remote is a Shop Fox H5397 220V Remote Dust Collector Switch. Can anyone tell me what amperage the switch is rated for? There is no information with the packaging and the people at the store have no idea. I haven't been able to get a reply from the manufacturer yet.:huh:

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
.....Gord

From: http://appliances.pricegrabber.com/vacuum-cleaners/m/33512238/

Shop Fox H5397 220V Remote Dust Collector Switch

(MPN: D3346)
Price Range: $33.50 from 2 Sellers

Description: A remote switch allows you to turn your dust collector on and from anywhere in your shop up to 75 feet away, saving you trips to your dust collector. Each unit includes two controls with 9 Volt batteries. For use on dust collectors up to up to 3 HP / 20 Amp