most maddening computer problem ever

Gave up and formatted

Sometimes thats the best option, especially when you are dealing with multiple infections and those stealth re-installing ones :(

I bet the PC runs better after a fresh install of windows anyway.

Cheers

Ian

Sometimes thats the best option, especially when you are dealing with multiple infections and those stealth re-installing ones :(

I bet the PC runs better after a fresh install of windows anyway.

Cheers

Ian

Yeppers, like the old, meaning 'new' days. 'course, I'm only using about 10% of the hard drive right now. Still can't figure out how to get my address book and Favorites back in.

Hi Frank,

I hope your problems resolve. I do remember your earlier posts about this same problem. This is essentially what drove me to the Mac. I only wish I had done it much sooner. The Mac experience is truely "seemless."

Still can't figure out how to get my address book and Favorites back in.

The favourites live in a folder called c:\documents and settings\your name\favourites\

As long as you have a copy of your old favourites, you can just copy them into that folder.

You should be able to import your address book back into Outlook using the 'file/import' menu option.

Cheers

Ian

The favourites live in a folder called c:\documents and settings\your name\favourites\

As long as you have a copy of your old favourites, you can just copy them into that folder.

You should be able to import your address book back into Outlook using the 'file/import' menu option.

Cheers

Ian

The import option in Outlook only gives 'save' as a choice and it does nothing when I click on it.

Edit: I messed around a couple minutes. One does not 'import' from the drive (in this case D for a CD) to the address book.
One must 'export' from the drive to the address book. Another Bill Gates stroke of genius. Like clicking 'start' to stop, or the down arrow to scroll up. GRrrrr......

Last edited: