Delta Table Saws - Good Deal?

Wes Bischel

Not sure if these are good prices or not - as of 1:00 on 8/23 on Amazon

Delta 36-731 10-Inch Right Tilt 3 Horsepower Cabinet Saw with 50-Inch Unifence and 2 Cast Iron Extension Wings, 230-Volt 1 Phase
Price: $759.25
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000EI96K

Delta 36-730 10-Inch Right Tilt 3 Horsepower Cabinet Saw with T-2 50-Inch Fence and 2 Cast Iron Extension Wings, 230-Volt 1 Phase
Price: $829.09
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000EI96J

I think they are hybrid saws (don't quote me on this). I saw them listed on a deal site. :rolleyes:
If anyone is in the know about the prices or saws, please chime in!

Wes

Hi Wes,
I have my own opinions on that. Some might not take them favorably so they are just that, "My Opinion."
When I was a boy, Delta was the industry standard and it was a title well deserved.
For many years now, Delta has been living on that reputation and the public trust. If I were comparing machinery today, I would place Delta right up there with Craftsman.
I also believe that is the reason Steel City Tools came to be. Those people are mostly long time Delta employees who have decided to give us the quality tools back that they know how to make.

If you are looking for a table saw now, I would look at the Steel City or maybe a Jet etc. If you want a Delta, maybe look at one of the older Uni's in good condition. It might be a little more than you are looking at here but I think in the long run you would find it was worth it.

DT

Don,
No worries from me - I still like my near 40 year old Rockwell/Delta contractors saw.:D:thumb: I was just passing along an apparent deal I saw posted elsewhere. And considering I just installed a new Bies fence on it, I won't be moving to a new saw anytime soon. :)

Wes

Don,
No worries from me - I still like my near 40 year old Rockwell/Delta contractors saw.:D:thumb: I was just passing along an apparent deal I saw posted elsewhere. And considering I just installed a new Bies fence on it, I won't be moving to a new saw anytime soon. :)

Wes

I'll bet that one will last you forever Wes. :thumb:

DT