What biscuit joiner should I buy?

I have the DeWalt and it has worked flawlessly when I've needed it. One thing I've used it for that is handy, is to make spline slots on the ends of longer material that would be more difficult to handle on other machines, and also quicker, (and safer) than setting up and using other machines on certain short pieces. On this type work, I just clamp the material to be slotted to a bench and run the BJ's fence up so it is not in the way and set the BJ's base flat on the table and make a series of slots, (Very quick and accurate). If, however, you are have a need to use the real small biscuits, (like for picture frames, etc), then you probably need the PC 557, because the DeWalt will not cut those, but I never had the need for that application.

I don't use it often, but it sure is handy when needed.

Last edited:
...I wanted the pc, but $70.00 difference I went with the yeller one.

Works ok.

But. THe Ryobi had better chip collection.
Price was the same reason I went with the DeWalt. I don't use the chip collection bag. Have you tried the DeWalt hooked up to a shop vac? Leaves pretty much no waste whatsoever on mine.

Biscuit Jointer

I currently have a Porter Cable and 2 Lamello's. There is no comparison with the PC and The Lamello. The Lamello will give you perfectly lined up surfaces and the PC will not. I also use a Domino and if I had to choose 1 or the other I would choose the Domino

I'm not a big biscuit fan either. I think there are better, longer lasting alternatives.

In fact I have one (a very cheap AMT model) and use it sometimes, but I have yet to use it on any woodworking project. I find every time I grab it, its for carpentry related stuff like trim or pine ceilings and stuff. If you are not planning on building a 5000 sqare foot addition any time soon I might invest my money in something that I would use a lot more often.