Micro router table...

Whilst having a tidy up in the shop I came across the micro router table that I built about 10 years ago as a throw away item... I never did get around to doing the dead... It is great for that little odd job and takes up very little space. I have posted this before in 'another place' but I thought you guys might be interested in it.

The top is an off cut from a desk I was building at the time - remember when black furniture was all the in thing? - the lead on pin is a length of aluminium tube secured with a long wood screw. Power is a PC laminate trimmer that was purchased in a branch of HD when I was over your side of the pond in the 90's.

OGUPN-SRT-16.JPG

The base of the laminate trimmer is removed and replaced with the 'table'...

MIYBO-SRT-17.JPG

...then held in the bench vice.

RGRNF-SRT-18.JPG

Close up and ready for a spot of trimming showing the lead on pin.

Ralph;)

:doh: Oops! maybe I should have put this in the jigs and fixtures forum...

Last edited:
I got one kind of like that. Its just a small router and table that I mounted onto metal drawer slides. I use it for light stuff like round-overs and simple, small routing jobs. Being on the drawer slides is great because I pull it out when I need it, and then slide it back when I am done. Very easy, fast and convenient.

Router_Table2-455x336.jpg

That's certainly more elegant than me clamping my trimmer in the vise... especially considering if you don't want to crimp the cord you have to clamp over the on/off switch.:doh: