How do you clean your saw blades?

Then I heard of Arm & Hammer Washing Soda. Wow! it do work wonders, and cheap and safe and great sopurse of cleaning power.

That is my answer, Washing Soda soak and a slight scrub with an old tooth brush, rinse and dry. Ta Daaaa!!! Clean and shiny blades. Hands too....

Just last week I picked up some washing soda after I read this thread. Then I was reading that even water has a reaction to and is detrimental to the binders so I guess that I will just pick up a gallon of kerosene. I suppose that it might not be a huge deal but might as well do what is recommended by the guys that deal with that stuff professionally since it is not that much trouble.

Dennis, if you let the kerosene set a while, the crud will mostly settle to the bottom, and you could easily siphon off the clean stuff on top, so you would not have much waste at all.

The small amount of dirty kerosene you would have, could be dropped off at your city disposal unit, or possibly burnt? I mean, it will only have wood pitch and kerosene in it........? :dunno:

just a thought.........:wave:

Dennis, if you let the kerosene set a while, the crud will mostly settle to the bottom, and you could easily siphon off the clean stuff on top, so you would not have much waste at all.

The small amount of dirty kerosene you would have, could be dropped off at your city disposal unit, or possibly burnt? I mean, it will only have wood pitch and kerosene in it........? :dunno:

just a thought.........:wave:

Stu be right, If you are concerned about wasting or conservation, You can re use a number of times till it is too gunky, Then use it for charcoal lighter, or camp fires, etc.

Not that I don't believe.... (Doubting Thomas on this end) I am doing some research into the whole water Carbide breakdown point of view. I wanna know for sure.... but will cease my Washing Soda treatment untill I do ) But it is so much easier, less mess and rinse down the drain when done, cleans your hands as well...

Last edited: