Tornado damage pics

Steve Ash

I just posted a few days ago about the tornados we had here in Charlotte.

It missed my house by 1/2 mile and my dad's place by 1/4 of a mile. I have never seen so much destruction, 25 homes gone, barns gone, corn fields flattened, huge trees uprooted. My son's apartment wrecked as well.

Through all of this, luckily no one was killed.

Attachments

• viewphoto ab.jpg
    viewphoto ab.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 62
  • viewphoto cd.jpg
    viewphoto cd.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 54
  • viewphoto ef.jpg
    viewphoto ef.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 46
  • viewphoto gh.jpg
    viewphoto gh.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 54
looks like from all the cars there`s plenty of neighbors/family there to help?
how far have ya got getting those folks with roofs?

looks like from all the cars there`s plenty of neighbors/family there to help?

That was my first thought when seeing the pics too.

Boy Steve, that is just simply scary!

No one hurt?

Did they get enough warning?

"Finger of God" yeah, that just about describes it, not much will stand in it's way, will it.

Lots of work there to be done, what a mess!

Cheers!

As far as I know there was no warning. A lady has a daycare service and was on the news, she said she looked out the window and saw debris flying through the air, told everyone to get in the basement.

Lots of friendly helpful people giving a hand to help out those in need. Nothing as of now can be touched as far as the home itself. They don't want anyone going into a home in case it collapses, but everyone is cleaning up the yards and fields.

A blessing injuries were minimal and no and fatalities. As a weatherman in the Air Force I learned about the incredible destructive power and unpredictability of tornadoes. Later as a news photographer I saw the aftermath of many. The scenes were always nightmarish and unforgettable.

Scary Steve. I am thankful to be out of tornado country - more or less. I remember a few near misses while in school. All these kids huddled in the hallway crouched down against the wall - still brings chills.

Wes

I lived in Tornado country all my life, but have never been close to one that caused any major damage. Do you hear that...knock, knock....

Glad you and all yours are safe!

Jeff, you're tempting fate - even with knocking on wood! Like the time I said "I've never broken a bone." Next morning POW broke my pinky.:doh:

Wes