3 projects

Rather than do 3 seperate threads, here for your review are 3 of my latest projects.

1. I'll be mounting these three coat hooks on a wall in a classroom so the kids have something to hang their backpacks on. Made of pine, stained "Early American" and laquered.
View attachment 12015
2. This is a set of wall cabinets that was actually hung about a month ago. I had design help on it from Dave Richards in this thread.
View attachment 12018
3. A carousel box on a lazy susan. Look in this thread for how I inset the lazy susan. This is for one of the secretarys in an elementary school so they can put the student forms in it. Made of popular, stained "Cherry" and laquered.
View attachment 12016View attachment 12017

Thanks for looking!
I really like the little spinning box!
Garry

Rather than do 3 seperate threads, here for your review are 3 of my latest projects.

1. I'll be mounting these three coat hooks on a wall in a classroom so the kids have something to hang their backpacks on. Made of pine, stained "Early American" and laquered.
View attachment 12015
Personally, I would have used Shaker Pegs.

2. This is a set of wall cabinets that was actually hung about a month ago. I had design help on it from Dave Richards in this thread.
View attachment 12018
The worst I can say is that they look very professional.

3. A carousel box on a lazy susan. Look in this thread for how I inset the lazy susan. This is for one of the secretarys in an elementary school so they can put the student forms in it. Made of popular, stained "Cherry" and laquered.
View attachment 12016View attachment 12017
Great!
Good color, perfect proportions, original looking and practical.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for showing!

I agree Shaker pegs would have made them look a whole lot better, but since they were for an elementary class, pegs would have gotten broke...
I was thinking the same thing...kids would be compelled to try climbing up the wall via the pegs. At least I know I would have. :)

Nice job on all the projects, Matt. I really like the joints on the carousel box. :thumb:

Nice projects, thanks for sharing. I bought a box of goodies at a charity auction a while back and in the box was a dozen of really small lazy susans... Over a year and no idea yet as to what to do with them. Now My tiny brain cells are swelling with ideas.... Thanks again for your posting.

Nice work Matt! First, that you make things for a class of school children is great, but that they be exposed to that kind of creativity and the art of milling wood is an education in itself.

Good projects Matt.

Posting them in one go with their links is a helpful resource, I specially like the joints of the caroussel box and the way you inset the lazy Susan.

The wall cabinets are great!

And for the coat hangers, I agree with some other comments that have been made about using shaker pegs, but I agree that they would be better for more grown up users.