Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sunday's Plans......

Sunday's Plans......

Well, I got my Sunday planned out, take the girls to ice skating lessons BEFORE 7:30 AM, them meet up with fellow Canuck and wood worker Alex at 8 AM, drive out of Tokyo a ways to meet up at Jim's place where they have some wood waiting for us to butcher up into bowl blanks...............

Attachment 1098
    This is the two largest chunks of the Ginko tree that was taken down

Attachment 1097
    Jim was able to get the removale company to move the trees to the parking area, so we did not mess up the school grounds, where the tree was taken down.

Attachment 1099
    Jim standing next to my next victims

Should be a fun day, and some hard work, not to worry, I'll take the camera!

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Thats a Ginko?? Man, must not be same thing we get here. If so that tree was like 1.000 years old! We had one we that lived 3 years and suddenly died. I never could tell it grew an inch.

Sounds like a fun a day!

Sunday??? It's only Sat am here. Are you 20 something hours ahead of me???? Ive got a chip barrel lid to build Saturday. Depends on how that goes as to what I'll get to Sunday! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Sunday??? It's only Sat am here. Are you 20 something hours ahead of me???? Ive got a chip barrel lid to build Saturday. Depends on how that goes as to what I'll get to Sunday! Jim.
    Jim, see my sig line............
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Jim, see my sig line............
    Geez, Stu, get some sleep already!!

(I just checked a time zone converter and I see that Stu is 14 hours ahead of me here in the Eastern zone. It's almost 10:30am here, which makes it half-past midnight for our dungeon-dwelling friend.)

Yep, the MILFH just showed up, so now I can go to the Dungeon and load all of my various implements of destruction into my truck

I'm +9 hours GMT, if that makes any sense

Cheers!
    William Arthur Ward

But aren't you only about 14-15 hours ahead? Or is it more than that? From the marked time on your posts, I would have thought it was late night, not early morning. Ooops, I don't drink coffee, and I've given up my morning Dr. Pepper, which leaves me no caffeine intake. Maybe I need some of those trucker pills!!! Jim.

edit: Well I see the answer to my question now....Maybe I better start drinking my one DP for the day for breakfast!!
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Stu, you mention that this is at a school. In the parking space next to the truck in the second picture, how come I can read the first two letters on the ground (I mean beside the fact that I graduated fourth grade)? I'm guessing the word is BUS but I'm surprised to see letters that I can read.

Care to explain?

BTW, that's a nice bunch of big stinkin' logs you've got there. How much of it do you get? How much are you going to be able to fit into your van?
    Thanks.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Steve Clardy Guest
    Looks like fun Stu. I used to do some logging, bandmilling and such.
    I'd come in plum tuckered out from a hard day in the woods, but very enjoyable.

Makes you sleep on your side of the bed at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios View Post
    Stu, you mention that this is at a school. In the parking space next to the truck in the second picture, how come I can read the first two letters on the ground (I mean beside the fact that I graduated fourth grade)? I'm guessing the word is BUS but I'm surprised to see letters that I can read.

Care to explain?
    Sure, as soon as you read what is on the SIDE of the truck in the same pic

The school is one of them "American" schools, don't want to mention the name, as I don't want anyone to get in some kind of "dutch" some how (stranger things have happened!).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios View Post
    BTW, that's a nice bunch of big stinkin' logs you've got there. How much of it do you get? How much are you going to be able to fit into your van?
    Thanks.
    Well I guess I get 1/3 as there are three guys, but Jim don't do the lathe thing (YET!!) so he does not want that much, and Alex, while he does the lathe thing, he is a could 1 1/2 from Tokyo by train, so he can't really carry that much home in his backpack

I think we will cut and seal it, then take as much back as I can, but store the rest at Jim's school (he is the industrial arts teacher there), and come back for a second or third load, heck the stuff that gets left behind might just spalt....

I'm on my way here in a few minutes, back at you guys later today (for me!)

Cheers!
    William Arthur Ward