Sunday's Plans......

That's amighty big OtsukareSama (Japanese for job done well) Stu. On sunday I was in the shop for the afternoon. In the morning the delivery guy delivered my two large boards (1"x16"x120") of bubinga and some other small pieces. The bubinga cost me $4.5bft and is nice flat stock :D. Looking forward to seeing you down here on the the 2nd. If you need a place to stay we can fix you up.

Hey Alex, we are set for a place to stay, we get his summer house to ourselves :thumb:

I'm going to bring you a big stack of these blanks, is there a max size you want to attempt?

Cheers!

OK, I got the second batch of wood unloaded, this time, it was around 11 PM, so I could not just drop them into the Dungeon, too noisy :rolleyes:

My lovely wife suggested I make a cargo net of sorts, so I did...........

ginko_net.jpg
Worked slick, much easier and safer than hand carrying them down the steps, as some of these pieces are not light!

ginko_wood_run_two_table.jpg

Well there is the mess on the table again, got some more work ahead of me making them roundish!

Hey Alex, do you like NE blanks? :D

Cheers!

OK, and update, I got more blanks cut, I must have near 25 or 30 buy now, some LARGE ones too

ginko_turning_stock1.jpg
Sorry for the lousy cell phone pics, I had to turn that light off, or the pic would be washed out.

ginko_turning_stock2.jpg
Lots of stock up there, and them shelves are ROCK SOLID!

I also have some fairly large square or rectangular pieces too, that should make nice boxes or goblets or something, maybe even friction chucks?

Cheers!

Yeah but I see a bit of shelf flex in that first photo. That's some weight you've got. Aren't those shelves rated for like 300-500lbs?

I think they were OK, but as I do live in Japan, I've moved abut 80% of the blanks to the two lowest shelves.

While doing so, I had to take all the blanks off the shelves and move some other stuff around.

here is that total take from the Ginko Wood Run.......

ginko_big_stacks1.jpg

ginko_big_stacks2.jpg

ginko_big_stacks3.jpg

I counted 36 bowl blanks, and half that in HF blanks, plus a bunch of the smaller squares that I'll use for some thing from small HF to jam chucks etc. Add to that the 15 roughed out drying cherry bowls I have already, and I'd say that I have some turning to do :thumb:

I'm going to take Alex about a dozen pieces in the new year.

Cheers!