Lots of familiar names here!

A big Howdy to you Barry
112181442111_0_BG.jpg

.....I still got a box of wood with your name on it out in the shop.

Glad you found us, welcome to the forum.:wave:

:wave:Thanks for the warm welcome!

What have I been up to:dunno:

I retired after almost 24 years of service from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game on April 30. Packed up a container van and shipped it "here" in late May. I then overloaded my F250 SuperDuty with tools, hitched the car trailer with the wifes van onboard and drove....

HPIM1301 (600 x 448).jpg

....6 days and 3,300 miles to our "retirement" digs.

MnHouse1.jpg

I'm in the process of setting up a shop in the outbuilding.....About 24x30 feet came already insulated................ I bought myself a new PM3520b and a whole bunch of accessories based on the recommendations of a whole gang of folks.

HPIM1458 (600 x 448).jpg

Slowly, too slowly, getting things ready.

Took my best buddy and road trip pal to the vet in July and said goodbye (dang cancer!)....Got the oldest off to college.....Taught the youngest to shoot...

I still need to paint the shop walls, get a new(er) propane furnace installed, put together my 55 gallon wood stove kit (a staple in bush Alaska!), set up the scrollsaw, planer, recently purchased and soon to arrive Dust Collector, and break out the Jet Mini.

So, I've been busy but enjoying life!

Oh, and here's my last scrollsaw project.....a gift to my Alaska friends.....

HPIM1419 (600 x 512).jpg

Again, thanks for the warm welcome:wave:

Whoo Hoo!!

Barry Made it!! :thumb:

First, I'm really sorry to hear about Misty, well, at least she got one last good road trip in with you.

New digs look great, and with that big mustard in there we expect to see something more than pens :D

Looking forward, as always, to your contributions.

Welcome to the Family Buddy! :wave:

welcome barry

cant imagine wanting to leave alaska???? exspecailly with your great job there you got to see mor eof alaska than most ever will.. been there once and want to go back...