Super Gloat Time

Ken Garlock

After 13 years of service and driving fun, it was time to let go of my 1995 M/B C280.

This afternoon I took delivery on 2007 Mercedes Benz E320 Bluetec diesel. Here are a couple pictures. Yes, Tyler Howell, it did happen.;)

A couple exterior shots.
Bluetec1.jpg

Bluetec2.jpg

Interior from the passenger's side.
Bluetec4.jpg

Finally, the car and the 'fat boy'. Golly, I need to go on a diet.:eek:
Bluetec6.jpg

The exterior color is pewter with a black interior.

The engine is a 208 hp, 3.2 liter, V-6, diesel that puts out 388 ft/lbs of torque. It is the first car I have had that will push you back in the seat when you put the pedal to the metal. EPA highway mileage is 37 mpg.

With a little luck, this will be the last car I will need to buy....

I dunno Ken...you're gonna have a hard time hauling much lumber in that rig. :rolleyes: I don't even see a trailer hitch. :rofl:

Congrats on a sweet-looking car. :thumb: My Lexus has a similar color scheme, and I like that combination a lot.

Great looking car, but I think that you should start thinking about the car you are going to buy in 2019! Can't start too early!

And why didn't you keep the old one, cut off the rear end and build a flat bed!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jay

Ya know Ken, I just noticed the big round things in the background in a couple pics...y'all sure have some big tumbleweeds out there in Texas. :p

Ya know Ken, I just noticed the big round things in the background in a couple pics...y'all sure have some big tumbleweeds out there in Texas. :p

Never thought of it that way.:) The lot next door, and our property are registered as agricultural use. We have about 7 bails in our front yard after the cut, rake, bail process a couple weeks ago. Before that, we had Johnson grass that was nearing 5 ft. high. We couldn't clearly see the traffic going down the road. A fellow who lives in the neighborhood takes care of the hay making process. He gets the hay, and I get a tax rate of $4 per acre. :thumb:

Yes, Jim D. When I downloaded the pictures, I noticed the bad date. Some day I will learn how to "erase" things like that.

This afternoon I hauled the manuals in from the car. For the heck of it, I weighed them for a total of 3 lbs, 12 oz, including the leather carrying case. The "operators manual" is a mere 500 pages. It has a picture for every operation, and is very will cross referenced. There are so many electrons running around in that car, that there is a warning to not use any hand held walky-talky s that are not attached to an outside antenna for fear of their "blue screen of death." (they didn't say it that way.)

Last edited:
Why is this in the off topic?? That car clearly has a walnut dash - shouldn't this be a faltwork project??

Nice car Ken. Enjoy!

Last edited: