Thread: Good Luck....

Good Luck....

to all the others so inclined as to play Mega Millions for friday's

I've got my tickets (well, I bet I'll pick up another couple just 'cause tomorrow), but my firm rule is 'Pocket change/cash' only, unlike those who plunk down serious chump change on it.
    Last edited by Ned Bulken; 08-31-2007 at 01:32 AM.
    -Ned

I actually met a guy today who won one of those. Still, I don't play it. Odds are like 300 million to one. I do play the Missouri Lotto, 'only' about 2 to 4 million dollars but then 'only' about 20 million to one odds.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

"Lotteries: A tax on people bad at math"...

But I do understand the temptation.

I once heard that your chances of being struck by lightning twice on a cloudless day are better than winning a lottery.
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

The one I always remember I heard on the radio when I was living in Arizona. An Arizona resident was more likely to be killed by a shark than win the state lottery Where do they come up with this stuff?

Still, the dean of science at the U of A won it twice while I was there

We don't have one here and I wouldn't play it if we did.

I have some new neighbors (rurally speaking they are neighbors). That came up form FLA and bought the big horse farm. Nice farm land with with a very nice horse barn and related buildings on it. But it was WAY OVERPRICED! I knew it would never sell at their asking price. I was building my house at the time and renting the trailer that the trainer has lived in. Well son of gun if it didn't sell and near asking price too.

I found out latter that they were from out of state. That is usually the case when an property oversells here. People come from high prices areas, don't know our market and think what a bargain. Till they tire of it and try to sell. Latter on I found out they were lottery winners (rumor anyway). They bought the place, built a big house and went into the horse business. I guess what they paid didn't matter to them. They are just living their dream and I am glad for them! Hope they enjoy themselves.

I read somewhere that most big winners are broke within I think it was 10 years. People are stupid with money. Give me a million or two and I will retire and never touch the winnings....well 98% of it. And live quite comfortably off the interest!
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    I once heard that your chances of being struck by lightning twice on a cloudless day are better than winning a lottery.
    Absolutely true. As long as one keeps it in perspective and doesn't play money that should be used to put beans on the table, it can be fun. I drop $5.00 about six times a year.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

My cousin works for the BC lottery commission, or whatever they call it, he is a mathematician, he said you would be money ahead to invest in stocks.

I once won $100 on a scratch and win thing
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward