1950's Craftsman 10" Table Saw (Not Mine)

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
Jacksonville FL. Craigslist

HPIM1300.jpg

HPIM1289.jpg

HPIM1296.jpg

1950's Craftsman 10" Table Saw. Completely restored to better than new condition. Comes with 1 h.p. belt-drive motor, much more powerful than similar motors and more durable/forgiving than direct drive motors. Includes miter gauge and fence. This saw is of much higher quality than anything you can buy new for $500-1000.00 today. No plastic or cheap metal on this baby! It is all cast iron, steel and heavy cast aluminum. The only aluminum parts are the miter gauge, fence, and fence guide. The miter slot is 3/4" and accepts modern accessories like tenoning jigs, etc. The cast iron table top is 20" wide by 27" deep and is polished silky smooth. This saw has lasted 50 years with no problems and with regular maintenance can last another 100+ years. This is the perfect saw to build your shop around. If you see it, you'll want it. Runs perfectly, smooth and very quiet.

Asking $250.00 or will consider trade for a similar quality 14" bandsaw.

Also available is an additional cast iron table top and fence guide for an additional $40.00. This will double your working surface to 40" wide by 27" deep and gives you two more miter slots for jigs, etc, plus the blade opening so you can attach a router.

Call Mike at 904-502-1952. If you can't see the pics I'll email them to you. Please call, you won't regret it! Location: South Mandarin

DT

Well I get to say this tongue in cheek of course. Its not quite the right color.But then again they may have painted them in other colors than light gold & the fence didn't have any paint on it just bare metal. But it does look great & at a great price. You should be able to buy wings from Sears that will fit this saw with no problem. You'll need the extra fence guide because the guide system can be installed in sections to match how wide your table is & aligns fine & works good.

I have my Dad's saw which he purchased brand new in either 1955 or 1957 which is the same model. I won't tell what Dad paid for just the saw as you see it in these pics then he purchased the motor & wings separately & you had to make your own stand in those days.

I don't have the original fence it is plumb worn out. But I do have a 1997 Craftsman fence which works great.

Unlike Don I can't show pics because the saw is in storage.

In the picture you see my 1997 saw on its new base. When I got rid of the saw I kept the fence & base to go with dad's saw.

I also have his 6" Jointer from the same time period & in a separate purchase the 12' Band-saw & wish I had the Drill-press. I could have a Gold 1950's Craftsman corner in a bigger shop of course.

Attachments

• make a new cabinet for your contractors-saw.jpg
    make a new cabinet for your contractors-saw.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, Don. Nice looking saw.

I do believe that Don has just posted this which is on Craigslist...it's not his. Right?

Right Greg, I have never seen the saw. It's on the Florida Craigslist. I just thought it was a beauty.

DT

That is a nice looking saw. I got two...well sort of. One i got from my Grandfather and still use it to this day, and the other I got from my father-in-law which just last week I ended up giving to my dad.

Both work perfectly well, but they aren't as shined up as that one.

I got one of those. Grandpa bought it new. Typical Bradley, still has the owner's manual, blade guard, miter gauge, etc. It did come "Delta" gray but I have seen the gold ones as well while looking at others. As Bart mentioned it came without a stand or wings, etc. These were ordered separately except the stand which was expected to be made if you were not mounting this to the bench.

Front-4-web.jpg

There are a lot of these around (but not cleaned up). The University where I work has one in one of the agricultural shops (a dark green color on this one). According to the gentleman who runs the shop and is 10 years past retirement, it hasn't moved since the day they brought it in and built feed tables around it back in the early 50's. (They've also got a cool Rockwell monster BS that I drool over when I have an excuse to go to that area of the campus).

Last edited: