Thread: Warning Amazon Forrest WW 11 $65 bluyers

Warning Amazon Forrest WW 11 $65 bluyers

Some people are reporting defective blades that they received from Amazon during the $65 sale of the Forrest WW 11 blades. Mine was OK but I have seen pictures of two blades that were pretty bad. It might be a good idea to open the package and take a look at yours before too much time goes by.

No one really knows what is going on yet.

I sure will, thanks for the tip!
    -Ned

Thanks for the heads-up Allen. I got in on that Amazon deal too, so I opened mine and checked it out. It appears to be fine..........upon close inspection, it looks just like my other Forrest blades.

What defect(s) are being found/reported?

There have only been three reports so far so maybe these are just isolated incidents, hopefully. I just figured that everyone should take a look at theirs as I would not have even opened mine for a few months as I have two other blades that I am using. One report of bad teeth and welds and two of blades that do not look new due to scratches and rust. I am going to try to post a picture of one of the blades. The teeth are rounded over and the welds look terrible. I doubt that Forrest did this but who knows if someone might have worked on it. It could have just got past Forrest I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Bookout View Post
    There have only been three reports so far so maybe these are just isolated incidents, hopefully. I just figured that everyone should take a look at theirs as I would not have even opened mine for a few months as I have two other blades that I am using. One report of bad teeth and welds and two of blades that do not look new due to scratches and rust. I am going to try to post a picture of one of the blades. The teeth are rounded over and the welds look terrible. I doubt that Forrest did this but who knows if someone might have worked on it. It could have just got past Forrest I suppose.
    Nothing against Amazon or Forrest, just a kudos to Allen. I am not the only one who picks up something on a deal and doesn't get around to even opening it for months. This heads-up could save some folks some grief by helping them not miss the 30 day window or whatever other terms might apply to our various acquisitions. Thanks Allen.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks Glenn!!! Allen