Warning Amazon Forrest WW 11 $65 bluyers

Allen Bookout

Some people are reporting defective blades that they received from Amazon during the $65 sale of the Forrest WW 11 blades. Mine was OK but I have seen pictures of two blades that were pretty bad. It might be a good idea to open the package and take a look at yours before too much time goes by.

No one really knows what is going on yet.

Thanks for the heads-up Allen. I got in on that Amazon deal too, so I opened mine and checked it out. It appears to be fine..........upon close inspection, it looks just like my other Forrest blades.

What defect(s) are being found/reported?

There have only been three reports so far so maybe these are just isolated incidents, hopefully. I just figured that everyone should take a look at theirs as I would not have even opened mine for a few months as I have two other blades that I am using. One report of bad teeth and welds and two of blades that do not look new due to scratches and rust. I am going to try to post a picture of one of the blades. The teeth are rounded over and the welds look terrible. I doubt that Forrest did this but who knows if someone might have worked on it. It could have just got past Forrest I suppose.

Attachments

• Forrestblade.jpg
    Forrestblade.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 28
There have only been three reports so far so maybe these are just isolated incidents, hopefully. I just figured that everyone should take a look at theirs as I would not have even opened mine for a few months as I have two other blades that I am using. One report of bad teeth and welds and two of blades that do not look new due to scratches and rust. I am going to try to post a picture of one of the blades. The teeth are rounded over and the welds look terrible. I doubt that Forrest did this but who knows if someone might have worked on it. It could have just got past Forrest I suppose.

Nothing against Amazon or Forrest, just a kudos to Allen. I am not the only one who picks up something on a deal and doesn't get around to even opening it for months. This heads-up could save some folks some grief by helping them not miss the 30 day window or whatever other terms might apply to our various acquisitions. Thanks Allen.