Going to Syracuse NY

Bill Grumbine

Greetings all

I will be in Syracuse on business on Saturday and Sunday, Sept 8 and 9. I may be busier than I think, but if anyone wants to get together, perhaps Sunday evening, that might be the best time for me.

Bill

Bill,
I'm still a wannabe turner, but I'll gladly get together with you and whomever else we can round up. I'll think of a good venue of where to meet etc...
There are several good eatieries near the major hotel center in East Syracuse so that won't be too difficult.

Hi Ned

Well, apparently I did not look very closely at where I am going to be. I am coming to demo for the CNY Turners, and they do meet in Syracuse, at the fairgrounds. In fact, I demoed there at the fairgrounds back in 2003 for them.

But this time I am going to be in Sauquoit. That is 55 miles away! I will be staying at the home of one of the members and doing my thing in his shop. Sorry for the false alarm, but if I do get up that way for real, we will be sure to get together.

Around here, going 55 miles gets me to the Lehigh Turners, Bucks Turners, Keystone Turners, and within a couple of miles of the Susquehanna Turners and the South Central PA Turners!

Bill

Bill:

I am roughly between Syracuse and Sauquoit. Ned is roughly between Syracuse and me. We'd still be happy to come give you a central NY welcome if you want.

I worked in the New Hartford area (just north of Sauquoit) and could maybe figure out how to get to some nearby eateries. There is a little BBQ joint just a few miles north of Sauquoit, Piggy Pat's (in Washington Mills, between Sauquoit and New Hartford) that might be an idea if you enjoy meat.

However the weekend turns out meeting-wise, I hope it is a good one for you.

Mark

Hi Ned

Well, apparently I did not look very closely at where I am going to be. I am coming to demo for the CNY Turners, and they do meet in Syracuse, at the fairgrounds. In fact, I demoed there at the fairgrounds back in 2003 for them.

But this time I am going to be in Sauquoit. That is 55 miles away! I will be staying at the home of one of the members and doing my thing in his shop. Sorry for the false alarm, but if I do get up that way for real, we will be sure to get together.

Around here, going 55 miles gets me to the Lehigh Turners, Bucks Turners, Keystone Turners, and within a couple of miles of the Susquehanna Turners and the South Central PA Turners!

Bill

Bill,
I'm from the Utica area originally, and I actually live closer to sauquoit than the fairgrounds, travel time wise. I'm still up for getting together if you've got any free time.

Hi guys

My timetable is roughly this:

I am going to arrive in the Syracuse area sometime early Friday afternoon so that I can pick up some stuff at the Oneida factory. I am rebuilding my DC system. I am supposed to arrive at my host's house in Sauquoit Friday in time for dinner and set up for Saturday. Saturday and Sunday will be spent at his place for the demo and hands on workshop, but once Sunday afternoon comes and the workshop is over, I am a free man for Sunday evening. Would that work out for you guys?

Edit in: I have a GPS with me, so if we set something up, all I should need is an address and some phone numbers in case something goes wrong.

Bill

I'm the first one back to a computer,
As many of you know, Bill is a great guy, and I have not laughed as much as I did tonight over dinner and just sitting around at a restaurant in a long time. Thanks for a great visit, it was super meeting you, and I'm looking forward to the Robust party in a few weeks!

Mark has the camera, so I'll let him put up the pic.

Well Ned, I had a blast with you and Mark, and am looking forward to the two of you coming down for a visit with the lathe arrives. Of course, we need to make some time for that other stuff we talked about too. ;)

I managed to get turned around last night and missed some signs for Rt 8. I ended up on Rt 12 after all, but it was a pleasant ride - virtually no traffic, although a little foggy in places. But I was not in a hurry. It is good to relax after these two day sessions.

Bill

nice pictures guys:rolleyes:

Man, it's a tough crowd here. Here I am posting pics within a day of meeting Bill and look at this grief!

Anyway, here we are, Bill, Ned and myself (left to right - I was the little man at this outing, being merely 6'). I definitely found Bill to be a man that I could surely look up to! :rofl: To my left (the far right of the picture, ---> this way) are a couple of Bill's bowls, ah, excuse me, I mean objects d'art!

Bill.Grumbine.lathier.jpg

Thanks for meeting with us poor latheless waifs - we do hope to rectify this situation as soon as we can!

Thanks for posting that pic Mark. Looking at it, I keep wondering how that scrawny little kid had the fortitude to walk by our table giving us the evil eye to get us to leave! :huh:

hey, cool pic!

yeah, that kid was something else. at least our waitress was entertaining to offset his 'tude.

I dunno mark, Judging by the photo, you're not giving up much to either Bill or Myself. an inch tops.

latheless waifs indeed. harumph! :rofl: