for computer morons (like me)

tod evans

here`s how to make the degree sign after a number; hold down the alt key and press 167 on the keypad on the right side of your keyboard.....
45º.......ain`t that cool!
:D

Lets see how this works for the 1/2 inch symbol...

4½ + 5¼ = Ω

well √ this óü╦ ........ ï╦s Çü╦É Ås π R²!!

Last edited:
Greg, it was pointed out to me that my comment about blondes (me included) could be taken as an insult by some, so I edited it. ;)

Certainly, and my light in color humor has been moderated in the past. There should be no double standard...:p
Compared to what has been moderated here in the past, I don't think a blonde joke (that includes me) represents a double standard.

Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

here`s how to make the degree sign after a number; hold down the alt key and press 167 on the keypad on the right side of your keyboard.....

OK.... lets see :type:.... today it reached 90º... (Cool!!) :thumb: How do it know? :huh:

Chisel...what Neanderthals. Don't you know you sandblast that stuff onto your computer screens.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Guess you never went to college and joined the ÆSÉ fraternity!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know the last part does not make sense but that symbol stuff is kind of cool. Sorry I gotta go before the wife gives me the 3rd º for being on the computer too much.:dunno:

Well, I'm sure I know quite a bit more about computers than you Tod, but I didn't know that. I didn't even know how to do the print screen thing until I read it in another post. Point being, that just because you don't know everything doesn't mean you are a moron.

On a Windows machine (Win2K, WinXP) there is a very handy little (but little known) utility called Character Map it lives here -> Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Character Map

I usually drag that shortcut to my quick launch bar beside the start button - very handy... ©,°,¢,÷ etc.

Dear Tod, :wave:
I am sure glad you got that one figured out. I personally think this is more complex than meets the eye.
I have tried the 45 alt+ 167 on the right side of the keypad about 5 times and get a marvelous question mark and then an almost immediate return to my home page deleting all the praise and honor I was heaping on you for the little zero I don't know how to procure. Anyhow, good for you. I am coming to believe you are a computer genius, pretending to be computer illiterate and every so often you throw out a bone to those of us who ARE Computer Morons. :eek: Am I right?? :dunno:I think thou dost protest tooo much! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
( and I went and wrote it on my monitor with a permanent Sharpie! :doh: ) :rofl::rofl:
Shaz :doh::D

Shaz, seems to me that you and I went through this once before in your cabinet thread. What kind of 'puter operatin' system are you runnin' thar anyway?

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showpost.php?p=44200&postcount=48
Hi Dave, Welcome back from Lobster Land.:wave:
Aye Laddie, that we did.
This time with these instructions I am having no better luck. Am I supposed to type in the + sign also? Alt 167 equals a disappearing act on my window XP Pro. You are not dealing with a rocket scientist here, however my ex sister in law's sister was married to a real rocket scientist!:eek:
Go figure..........:rofl::rofl:
Shaz