What are the chances this is really a legitimate deal and not a misprint?

the 3 hp version with 50" fence runs 2299 usually, don't see any prices listed for the model listed here. but still has got to be a great deal!!!!! even if someone had to buy the 50" fence separate

i will be looking for another one soon when i move to my shop from dad's, he wants a cab saw and figures it's easier to buy a new one and let me take the new one than move mine and then assmeble his in place. i have no argument against that!! not quite ready to pull the trigger though

could be an unpopular model they are trying to get rid of

Pm2000 unpopular?????????

It's okay, I figured it out. After EXTENSIVE and EXHAUSTIVE research I have determined why it's such a low price.

It's 'cause it has a crappy ol' Accu Fence. Now if it had a Biesemeyer, well......., then it would be regular price.

No thanks needed, I was happy to do the research for all of us. That's just the kind of guy I am. You're welcome.

:rofl:

Could be the last few to be sold without this?:

woodextensiontable.jpg

http://www.osolnikmachinery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=621

DT

Hmmm..

I wonder if I could build one like that for my Jet. Looks like a good idea.

It would have to be better than that scrap wood they are selling for $500 Martin.
I wonder how many "WoodWorkers" will buy that thing? :huh:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It is a good idea for a well built extention though.

DT

... even if someone had to buy the 50" fence separate

You'd have to get the extension table with legs too to switch up to the 50" fence. Thats the rail length for us space-challenged TS owners that doesn't have a long table with legs.

It's okay, I figured it out. After EXTENSIVE and EXHAUSTIVE research I have determined why it's such a low price.

It's 'cause it has a crappy ol' Accu Fence. Now if it had a Biesemeyer, well......., then it would be regular price.

:huh:Never used the Biesenmeyer so I dunno but the Accu-fence is what's on my PM66 and I love it. No flex. Always stays square and it's mustard colored. What more do you want:dunno:

Pm2000 unpopular?????????

mark....i didn't mean PM2000 being unpopular, i meant the 30" fence, which is usually more for hobbiest do to space issues and the 5hp which could be thought of as overkill for most of those hobbiest...not to say that there aren't hobbiest out there who would love to have 5hp, but i have never bogged down my 3hp in a production shop so i dare say it really isn't a necessity...those 2 combined don't make much sense to me. unless it was going to be a dedicated rip saw

chris

Now the question is down to, just how fast are they backpeddling this morning!!
I just gave notice at work this morning. Tell the poor guy that made the mistake at Woodcraft this position will be open in 2 weeks! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Jim.

Get yourself a glass of water to help when you start laughing so hard you choke and then pop over to WoodNet.com and read the "18" pages on this thread.

DT

"
sorry.gif

The product you're looking for has been discontinued or is no longer carried by Woodcraft.com. Use our search which is located at the top of every page to find similar products."

Oh, well. Couldn't afford it anyway... ;)

The discussion on Woodnet is indeed interesting. Had I been in the market for a saw, I might have given it a shot, knowing the likelihood it was a typo, and I wouldn't have been upset about it if it didn't pan out. I don't really understand the guys who are indignant about it, when they knew good a well that it was probably not gonna happen. But then again, I'll argue with a store clerk if they give me too much change just as I would if they gave me too little.