What are the chances this is really a legitimate deal and not a misprint?

But then again, I'll argue with a store clerk if they give me too much change just as I would if they gave me too little.

I hope you are good about it? I was in McDonalds the other day and the guy in front of me got the wrong amount of change back. He ran up one side of that young lady and down the other telling her how dumb young kids were and how if she counted back the change like he used to do that would not happen. She kept apologizing but he just would not shut up. The place was full of people and he was making quite the stir.

Finally I had enough and poked him in the back and told him "That's enough. Leave the girl alone."

Its funny how these bullies will try to pick on the seemingly helpless ones and yet shut right up when they are confronted. I am sure you are not that way Vaughn but it makes me mad to see Bullies pick on people because of their status, age or employment.

Not to change the subject here, but I build multi-million dollar yachts, but the stress level we have at work is zippo compared to that of working in McDonald's. About the tenth time the friolater dinged, the manager was yelling because my burger order missed the 67 second mark and my fish sandwich was dribbling tarter sauce, I would probably quit. This poor teenager made a mistake, big deal. Shut up and move on...

I hope you are good about it? ...
Oh yeah, I'm nice about it. But every once in a while a clerk will give me too much money back as change, and when I gently tell them there's been a mistake they instinctively start getting defensive, and suspect I'm trying to scam them somehow. So my policy is that I'll gently tell them once that I'm trying to give them money back, but if they argue with me about it, I give up and take their money. These cases are rare...more often than not I get a big thank you.

A couple months ago LOML and I bought some yard stuff at Lowes, and when we go to the car we realized that guy hadn't rung up two $15 plants. The look on the guy's face (and his manager's) was priceless when we went back inside and paid for them. :eek:

Oh yeah, I'm nice about it. But every once in a while a clerk will give me too much money back as change, and when I gently tell them there's been a mistake they instinctively start getting defensive, and suspect I'm trying to scam them somehow. So my policy is that I'll gently tell them once that I'm trying to give them money back, but if they argue with me about it, I give up and take their money. These cases are rare...more often than not I get a big thank you.

A couple months ago LOML and I bought some yard stuff at Lowes, and when we go to the car we realized that guy hadn't rung up two $15 plants. The look on the guy's face (and his manager's) was priceless when we went back inside and paid for them. :eek:

I thought I was the only one in the world who does that Vaughn. It's the cashier who would end up paying for those items. Sometimes I get plum aggravated with my parent's teachings. :huh:
Usually when I discover something like that I am in a supper big rush :doh: but I KNOW if I go home without doing the right thing I'll have a big guilt trip waiting for me. :eek:

Oh well, I've found (Like you say) that the reactions of total shock to an honest person is most times worth much more than the ill gotten gain. :rofl:

I bought my Ridgid radial arm saw and 13" planer on the same day from Home Depot a few years back. There was a floor model Porter Cable grinder I got for $99. I checked the slip when I got out to the truck and noticed they had not charged me for the grinder.
It took 20 minutes, an assistant manager and then a manager to finally get across to them that I was trying to Pay for something not get money back! I don't think that poor cashier ever did understand.

As I left the parking lot I noticed an army of vans with guys in white coats sneaking up to the entrance.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DT