Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 40 Pounds !!! LOST.......

40 Pounds !!! LOST.......

5 months ago it came to change my life, again. I found that caffeine, sugar and food were taking over my life.

So, I decided it was time to get in shape so I can live long enough to enjoy my retirement ( my shop ) and see my grandson graduate from college.

No caffine, No Sugar, No Chocolate ( caffeine and sugar), and no vending machines.

I now eat 5 times a day to keep my metabolism going. I eat smaller portions.

AND I work out 6 times a week. I do my old Nordic Track ski machine Mon/Wed/Fri mornings and I do Jazzercise 3 times a week for 1 hour each. So you ask is Jazzercise co-ed? Well, yes! Me and the ladies. Really it is a GREAT one hour workout.

I have lost 40 lbs, gone from a 40" waist to 36" and from an XL t-shirt to Large.

The most important thing is I feel so much better. I have energy and have gained a lot of strength.

Thanks for letting me share.

Sorry NO Pictures. You really would not want to see them. I will get a new avatar soon.

congratulations bartee!
    no caffine would leave me flat on my back for weeks
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

WTG Bartee and keep it up. I replaced my coffee intake with green tea. I think it still has some caffine in it but not as much. My last bodily sin is cigs. Wife and I gonna quit in about 3 weeks when she gets back from Lake of the Ozarks. Good luck.

Hey Bartee, I'm on a life change too, I'm not working out, yet, as I'm too heavy right now to do so, but I have lost 4 Kg, nearly 9 pounds.

The sad thing is, I have a LOT more to go, but slowly but surely, I must do it.

You can see in my sig line, it says 126 -4, that is my weight now, 126 Kg and that I've lost 4 Kg, so yeah, I was 130 KG when I started, that is darn near 290 pounds. I want to get down to 90 Kg, just under 200 pounds.

I've cut way back on the caffeine, only one cup in the AM when I get up, and way, WAY back on the carbs, eating a lot less on the whole.

Great job on the 40 pounds, that is a lot less weight to be hauling around.

Good luck!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Congrats, Bartee! That's great news!

I went through something like that a couple years ago. Lost 70 pounds after a long lecture from my doctor who told me exactly how I would kick the bucket if I didn't change. I know it sounds easy, but it was one of the hardest things I've ever done! I used a nordic trac too... wish I'd thought of the jazzercise angle!

I think more and more of us are going to have to do the same. We hear all this talk about the obesity epidemic, and it just seems abstract. But some day, each of us is going to look around and say "you see a lot of skinny old guys. But you don't see many fat old guys. Why is that?"

Thanks,

Bill

Bill,

Congrats on your 70 lbs.

You are correct about the epidemic. We are simply eating TOO much and eating bad things.

I have not said I was on a diet as such, but I changed the way I eat. I have lost an average of 2 lbs a week.

Stu,

Thanks for the explanation of your signiture. I kept a running total on my white borad at work. I weighed each Monday AM and put down the total lbs lost from 240 down to 199.

So keep up the work. It IS work the effort. You will feel better and live longer.

Thanks for the post Bartee. I also need to get rid of the extra pounds I gained over the past two years. Thanks for the inspiration - it does help to hear that someone else has been able to shed the pounds. I just started walking a little over 1-1/2 miles a day. Not much, but a start.

Wes

anybody who needs inspiration to eat better need only to visit an ozarks wall-mart on or near the 1st or 15th of the month and look around
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Wes,

Excellent. That is a GREAT Start. Just keep doing it.

The worst diet in the world is "You have to burn more than you put in"

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    anybody who needs inspiration to eat better need only to visit an ozarks wall-mart on or near the 1st or 15th of the month and look around

tod...LOL....

You ARE exactly correct... My mirror was really scary...