Working with Alqaeda

tod evans

this is a placeholder for a thread that has been reported as inappropriate.
we`ll let ya` know what`s up when we know?
tod

sorry folks this thread was determined to be inappropriate content after a discussion among the mods. we voted and the majority said give `er the ax.
tod

So why not just delete the thread?
When a post is removed from the public forums for discussion by the Mods, the placeholder is left in its place, so the original poster (and anyone else who happens along) knows what's going on with the post. It's all outlined in the Moderator Rules and Guidelines here:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2656

In a nutshell, many of the founding members of the forum disagreed with the idea of posts just vanishing into thin air. We decided to leave a paper trail (OK, an electron trail) whenever a post was removed. Part of the full disclosure approach.

So why not just delete the thread?

me thinks that dissappearing posts or threads are not fair to the forum or its members...if something needs to be edited (short of neekid pics or outright cussin`) the forum as well as the person who posted should at least know how, why and who called for the edit......this way if any moderator or group of moderators is behaving contrary to the will of the majority they can get the "ax"!

in the end it all boils down to the members, each and every one of us, run and govern this forum and if somebody is not doing right they need to be called to task by the members...it doesn`t matter if the "somebody" is a moderator, an administrator or a member, wrong is wrong and if somebody is screwin` up it`s up to all of us to stop it...

if threads or posts just go "poof" without warning and no paper trail then how is anybody to know who did what and whether or not they agree with the actions that where taken?

it`s all about the members! a moderators job isn`t supposed to be easy, it should take more than one guy/girl having a bad day to make things different than what the original poster took the time to type...

Man...I opened this post thinking..."What kind of wood is Alqaeda?" Never heard of it.....Wonder where Tod got a supply of it and what's he making with it? Now I'm just sittin here laughing at myself. :doh: