Let's Have a work Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay Folks, What do you think of this GREAT idea?? In the thread "How long can we put it off?" we are discussing stuff/ mostly around the house that we just flat out don't do/ let go/ pass on/ .
What say we have a work day :rolleyes:, sometime when we each pick a certain top of the list pain in the butt task we don't wanna do and plan on posting that job ahead of time in the same thread and then go about doing it at the same time, same day, same time frame, as the other " FWW WORK DAY PARTICIPANTS" with updates and family participation as occurs and almost cuss words :eek: of progress as the day goes on? It may get me off my duff and be a creative incentive...It could be "THE FIRST ANNUAL 'FAMILY WOODWORKING' WORK DAY!":eek:
Can you DIG THAT!!!!!!!!
Shaz :wave:

OKay.....we'll hold the first work day at my shop....it needs finishing.....I'm looking for volunteers before the end of the month......I want to order a b/s, a full size lathe and dc.....I want that shop finished.......The shop finishing party is at my house......I'll furnish the tools.....the beer and the pizza. I'll even buy some good wine if you are so inclined.....Say when.....I've been putting this off ofr 19 months now.

Pick one you can do in about 5 to 10 hours, that you don't want to do and has been over your head tooo long!!!
As for working at Ken's place, I am sure it would be more fun working on someone elses place, but i gotta stay here for a while..

Last edited:
OKay.....we'll hold the first work day at my shop....it needs finishing.....I'm looking for volunteers before the end of the month......I want to order a b/s, a full size lathe and dc.....I want that shop finished.......The shop finishing party is at my house......I'll furnish the tools.....the beer and the pizza. I'll even buy some good wine if you are so inclined.....Say when.....I've been putting this off ofr 19 months now.

Ha...try to bait the workers away from MY PLACE with beer and pizza eh? No way pal, if there is a work bee its going to be at my house and I will provide the beer and LOBSTER!!

In all seriousness Shaz, that is a great idea but I think the timing is a little off. That would be a great Spring thing to do. As I type this I have frost on the ground and in another month or so that ground outside is going to be very hard (frozen). The things I need to do right now, are outside things, things that need to be done before the ground freezes. Its not something I have been putting off, its just things I have been doing all along to get done before the ground freezes. Like putting in a gas line under ground, shingling the rest of my house, moving a flowerbed, and re-landscaping the yard around the new addition....

About the only thing I have been putting off is getting my snowmobile ready for winter. Spending time with Mommy and the baby. Spending time in my shop....

Oh by the way, for anyone that doesn't like lobster, please don't be diswayed...I have plenty of bait on hand you can eat. (If you eat McDonald's fishburgers, you are eating it anyway. We use Redfish for bait, they use it for Filletfish) True story!! :rofl:

Shoveling_Bait2.JPG