Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maple Cabinets, Staircase, base trim

Steve Clardy Guest

Maple Cabinets, Staircase, base trim

Here's my current whole house cabinet, staircase, trim out job I have going.
    Cabinets have been in the shop for about a month now. Delivered them yesterday.
    Went to install today, and they didn't have all the bath walls painted yet, kitchen electric for dishwasher wasn't done. One floor vent hadn't been changed yet. Floor vents are under the cabinets, which I have to cut the toe kicks out for vent covers. One floor vent was going to be under the dishwasher, so told them they had to move that one.
    So with the kitchen being not ready, and only one bath area ready, I started to install one vanity and a towel cabinet in there. Got everything marked for the water lines, drains, then-----------I discovered I had brought every tool except my drill.

I decided it was a wasted trip, so came back home to get ready to leave early in the morning for a funeral.
    Maple ply and lumber.
    Minwax stain, a mixture of 3 to 1 Early American and Red Mahogany.

I also have the staircase, all base trim to stain, finish, and install.
    Build two adjoining cabinets next to a gas fireplace.
    Build a fireplace mantel.
    Make all the window sills.
    A 23' long wall shelf, 12' up in the entrance to the great room, plus some other stuff.
    Probably take me another month to wrap this job up.

I have the island stained, finished now, but not delivered.
    Last edited by Steve Clardy; 10-20-2007 at 05:28 PM.

Wow Steve,
    Ten attached pics in one post!!!
    I'm impressed!

Frank Chaffee

[EDIT]: Sorry Steve, in my haste yesterday evening I neglected to say that those cabinets look pretty nice. I'm starting to think that you may actually know what you're doing.
    Last edited by Frank Chaffee; 11-01-2006 at 04:46 PM.

Nice work my friend!

Richard

You haven't got those put in yet??? They look good though my friend. Payday is gettin close now since the delivery is made.
    I once heard that cats and women will do darn well what they please and that men and dogs would do well to accept it and just go on.

Steve Clardy Guest
    More pics. My storage area for completed cabinets was getting a tad full.
    All lower and upper kitchen cabs, vanity's, laundry room cabs, crown molding [I run my own crown and trim] are now delivered to the new home.

Thursday, I'll return and install everything.
    Last edited by Steve Clardy; 10-20-2007 at 05:28 PM.

Steve Clardy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hager View Post
    You haven't got those put in yet??? They look good though my friend. Payday is gettin close now since the delivery is made.
    It's been one delay after another. The client took three weeks to decide on the stain color, after I had made most all of the boxes.
    Then the house was to be ready last thursday. Then this monday. Then today. Oh well. It gives me time to build the built in wall cabinets, mantel, etc.
    I've been trying to get Her to pick out a stair handrail and balistor design She likes, so I can can them ordered, stained, etc.
    She's dragging Her feet.

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt

Nice job!

Great looking cabinets Steve. Good thing you have a large storage area

Is that a micro-fence jig in the pic where you are routing the flutes?

Hope the foot dragging doesn't mean she's rethinking something.

How do you find time to do all that and post to Family Woodworking???

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    It's been one delay after another. The client took three weeks to decide on the stain color, after I had made most all of the boxes.
    Then the house was to be ready last thursday. Then this monday. Then today. Oh well. It gives me time to build the built in wall cabinets, mantel, etc.
    I've been trying to get Her to pick out a stair handrail and balistor design She likes, so I can can them ordered, stained, etc.
    She's dragging Her feet.

Once in a while you get one like that. I have had some projects in my shop for quite a while. Like the entertainment center that I just recently completed. I started it more than 2 months ago. That one was my fault for moving it back in the schedule trying to take care of other things first. Seems like one of those kinds of projects kinda plagues my shop at least once or twice a year. I've got about 400 ft of walnut in the shop right now that I can't seem to get the guy to come get. I planned it last spring and jointed one edge and he still hasn't come to get it yet or paid me for my work. I saw him this morning at the cafe and just gave him one of those impatient looks, he knew exactly what was meant by that scowl. I sorta need the floor space if you know what I mean.
    I once heard that cats and women will do darn well what they please and that men and dogs would do well to accept it and just go on.

cool! bet you`re ready for a check?......did ya` turn or buy the legs? lookin` good....tod

The word for this thread today is WOW. Great work and something to be proud of.