batton down the hatches, Stu...

Supposed to hit later tonight, my time, and we have been getting the alternating waves of sunshine, then torrential rain since yesterday.

I was up on the roof top during a sunshine moment yesterday, everything is buttoned down tight.

We are on the top of a hill here, if we were to flood, 80% of Tokyo would have to be underwater :eek:

Cheers!

BTW, this is a great site for all things weather, and earthquake related in Japan.......

Japan Meteorological Agency

Here is a neat one........

Time Lapse rain map

If you hit the "Play" button, it will give you a time lapse rain map, from 6 hours before the present time to an estimate of 6 hours after the present time.

This is where we are..........

rain_map.jpg

:wave:

Last edited:
Well, as it comes closer, it looks like we will get hit fairly hard, places to the West of us will really get clobbered...........

typhoon_0709.jpg

Here is the predicted storm track, as you can see, Tokyo is on the right side of the storm, or the East side, which is bad news.

Well, we are all buttoned up, and now all we can do is wait :wave:

Last edited:
Sorry, I was down in the Dungeon :D :wave:

Raining cats, dogs and bleeding elephants right now! :eek:

High winds, the whole building shudders sometimes, but, we are all high and dry, safe and secure. By morning, it should have just about blown it self out and be gone.

Thanks for thinking about us!:)

I just checked the radar maps, and we are getting a fair bit of rain, maybe 1" and hour, but further West, in Okutama, and Hachioji, they are getting 4" or 5" of rain an hour!!

Cheers!

Last edited: