Robust Party?

Bill Grumbine

Greetings all

The Poolewood is gone, and there is a hole in my shop waiting for the arrival of a brandy new Robust American Beauty. In talking with several friends who want to check out the new machine, I got to thinking this would be a good excuse for a party! Turning, talking, and topping it off with a bonfire in the evening, sometime in the fall, perhaps the first Saturday in November. Anyone here up for a party?

Bill

SWEET, Bill! I was lookin' real hard at one of those when I bought my Mustard. I just couldn't justify twice the cost to LOML. :(

Now if I only lived a bit closer so I could join in the festivities. Drat! Oh well, such is life. Make sure you post braggin' photos when you get 'er installed.:thumb:

Gee Bill.................That's an awfully long way to drive for a bonfire!

Google Map says it's 2, 534 miles......driving time 1 day 15 hours.....

I think I"ll pass but I sure wish I could make it!

I envious of those who are able to attend!

I didn't Google it, but I suspect my drive would be farther than Ken's. Part of me would like to be there, and the other part of me says the return home (to my Sears lathe) would break my heart after turning on the Robust. :p

Congrats, and have fun with the new toy. That would be my dream lathe.

almost 1200 miles here...10mpg in the ol` panel truck....120 gallons each way....

thanks for the invite bill, not this time;)

Joe.............I've never seen a Poolewood. I had the opportunity to turn on Chris Hartley's Robust American Beauty. I just bought a PM3520B because it fits my budget. I dream at night of an American Beauty! You gotta seen one to believe it! Massive....beautiful......strong.....quiet...I hope my PM3520B won't get jealous!:eek::rolleyes::D