Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsubstantiated rumor.......My trigger finger

Unsubstantiated rumor.......My trigger finger

got itchy.........So I pulled the trigger on a PM3520B..........It will be delivered late next week or the following week. I could have it tomorrow but I want that shop finished!

I also bought the 18" bed extension.

Photos following it's delivery.

Ken

A big CONGRATS Ken !! It will be a whole different turning world for you now !

Thanks Keith.....Yeah it's got me worried........With the Jet Mini mounted on the "diving board"....if something starts cracking/splitting ....gonna let go...the 2x12 vibrates and I step away before shutting it down. I'm very nearly deaf.....I won't know on the Mustard until it slaps me in the face!

Well Ken, you pretty much just suck.

Congrats, you itchy-fingered son of a gun, you. Good thinking on the 18" extension, too. Who did you end up buying it from?

I think I'll go wallow in envy for a little while.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Ken

Mount a mercury motion switch so if you get to rocking & rolling to much a light will start flashing.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Yeah......well the itch isn't gone yet..............more to follow......it's too dark to pull it again tonight......but tomorrow morning and/or afternoon...

BTW....Vaughn.....I believe it's 20" over the bed....34" over the extension.....

Vaughn....it doesn't matter whom you buy it from. Not putting it on a credit card last week cost me $300-500. Amazon had them on sale for $2295 plus shipping. As of the 1st of September, Powermatic dealers all have to sell it for the same price or lose their dealer ship. That's what 2 different dealers told me today.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 09-07-2007 at 05:12 AM.

Ken is the shop done and ready for a proper presentation for the mustard???

Just kidding buddy. Congrats. I am happy for you.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

BTW.....My wife would like a list of all those who were involved in that "bombing" incident about 18 months ago....tod has met me....I'm 6'1"..255 lbs......She's a foot shorter.....100 lbs lighter......And a whole lot meaner...........Anyone volunteering to own up to being involved?.......I'm not through pulling the trigger either......

Not me, Ken. I didn't belong to the forum then. But I did read the bombing thread, and they gotcha good, didn't they? Doing any flatwork lately?

Nancy (106 days)
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Yeah......I cut a 6 1/4" x 6 1/4" piece of wood to remount my sprinkler control system to the wall of our utility room in the basement yesterday. I did remember where my 10 SCMS was....I use it to cut pen blanks!